Boom 31 Spring

Old 03-16-2024, 07:25 AM

The Boom 30 Kitty quilt is finished, I love all of the beautiful blocks everyone made for it! I enlarged the 12 1/2 inch blocks to 18 inches using the BQ 5 pattern. The size of this quilt is 87X105, It fit the top of our king bed with one row of blocks hanging down the bottom of the bed. It needs a binding and quilt label, I hope to get that finished as well this weekend.

Attached Thumbnails img_0467.jpg   img_0469.jpg  
Old 03-16-2024, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Here’s my reworked block for Logcabin82. Much better!
That is really pretty Janice! I love the pink and purple you used! Thank you!
Old 03-16-2024, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Oh how pretty, Janice!
My kitties don't seem to mind the lightning and thunder we had last night. One looked out the window and the other just slept while we watched a movie.

This is for Macybaby called Springtime. So perfect for your fabric. Hope you like it.
Love your block, Susie! I'm ready for Spring!
Old 03-16-2024, 10:31 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Macybaby, I love your HST quilt in the pix of your beautiful home. I am wondering how small your smallest HSTs are? It must have taken a long while to do! Stunning.
I spied that too! And the long clip rod system she has for hanging quilts. I love that! Easy to change out what you want to feature....

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Sewbiz, the star block is one of the Moda Blockheads patterns from this year. I made a minor modification by replacing four small squares with a larger square of the focus fabric. Moda Blockheads is a wonderful source for 12" patterns! Wink, Wink, Wink.
https://bearcreekquiltingcompany.com...elle-abegg.pdf
Thank you for that pattern! I saved it in my blocks file.

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
The Boom 30 Kitty quilt is finished, I love all of the beautiful blocks everyone made for it! I enlarged the 12 1/2 inch blocks to 18 inches using the BQ 5 pattern. The size of this quilt is 87X105, It fit the top of our king bed with one row of blocks hanging down the bottom of the bed. It needs a binding and quilt label, I hope to get that finished as well this weekend.
I love the setting, but WOW it made the quilt big. Great idea, using a BQ pattern to enlarge the quilt. I'm usually pretty unimaginative with my settings.

Today the sun's trying to come out, after gloom and rain yesterday. At least I can get my walking in.
Happy weekend!
Old 03-16-2024, 11:06 AM

Cheese - love what you did with the cats - and love that I see my block!! taking just 16 blocks and making the size is amazing.
MacyBaby and Sewbiz hope these make it into your quilt!

I walked over to the Quilt Retreat - 21 Ladies with a wonderful variety of machines all set up. Very friendly and lots of things being made. I had brought over a pile of quilting magazines I had finished looking through (picked up at thrift places) and there was a dash to the table. Guess we all are alike! They invited me in but I had promised DH to go to movies.
Cabrini and One Life are both excellent movies on true historical stories and both of us had tears!
Another nice day and will go outside at picnic table and chat with the neighbors.
Attached Thumbnails macybaby.jpg   sewbizgirl.jpg  
Old 03-16-2024, 12:23 PM

Block for Lstew and an old fashion one that is one of my favorites for Macybaby.
Attached Thumbnails img_3450.jpeg   img_3449.jpeg  
Old 03-16-2024, 04:19 PM
Power Poster

TG and Terri, lovely blocks! I love mine, TG. Thank you. Of course it will have a place in my quilt. And thanks for the movie reviews. You never know these days, what they are pushing. Glad to hear these were good.
Old 03-17-2024, 02:57 AM

Cheese! What a stunning quilt! The setting you chose is purrfect. (Sorry, couldn’t resist.) Seriously though, the setting makes the quilt. Congratulations on a real gem.
Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
Old 03-17-2024, 04:54 AM

Here’s my 2nd group block for Hav4boys’ paws fabric. I hope you like it! Two more cut blocks are ready to be sewn. Maybe I’ll get to them later.

It’s a cloudy St. Patrick’s Day. ☘️. I hope to get in a walk later today. I used to walk about 3 miles a day but I hurt my knee in November and since it’s been fully healed since mid January, I’m having a lot of trouble getting back into the routine. I had a nice walk yesterday so I’m shooting for 2 days in a row. We’ll see.

Attached Thumbnails img_5514.jpeg  
Old 03-17-2024, 05:19 AM

Cheesehead love your finished quilt and the setting you chose.

Janice I was walking 30 minutes a day almost every day before my teeth surgery. And can totally relate how hard it is to get back in the routine. This last week I finally did it, walked everyday. Not as far or as long as before and believe me I’m huffing and puffing when finished. Good luck on getting back to your routine

Cloudy and humid as all get out here, perfect day to stay in and sew