Boom 31 Spring

Old 03-15-2024, 04:39 AM

Good morning! We've got a wicked thunderstorm. Was letting the dog out when a bolt of lightning must have struck nearby. Made both of us jump and we hurried in! Going to see Arthur the King tonight at a local little theatre. It's one of those dine in places but I use the word "dine" very generously. But it should be fun! Hope you all have a good day.

All my little cacti are blooming. I laugh when I say "all" because I've only got 3. Maybe you have an Easter Cactus?
Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
The funniest thing happened yesterday- I was admiring Libster's Christmas Cactus, then looked at mine and it's in bloom!
It's like Paul's grandmother is saying hi to us.
Libster- love my block and the others you posted, thank you!
Sewbiz, absolutely love your Bunny love block. I love it as is!
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Today I made this block for Janice. The pattern was horribly written and wasteful, with lots of half squares made with full squares that are trimmed after sewing, and big pieces wasted. Nowhere on the pattern did it give a finished size, so I assumed 12”, right? It wasn’t until I started putting the large 9 center blocks, did I realize it was a 16” block! No wonder I had trouble making the bunny fabric go far enough… Anyway, after it reached 12.5” I stopped, but it has another 2” round that makes it much prettier. Janice, let me know if you want a 16” block and I’ll finish it. Otherwise it will be 12” like this:
Hi WMUTeach. Look forward to seeing your 3 blocks.
Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Late member reporting in, SIR! I have three blocks finished and one that will be finished yet tonight. Photos tomorrow when I can shoot in better light. Fingers crossed for another finish tomorrow.
Libster, you are a wonder of block making! I love my block. Thank you!
Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Here's my 3 for today. First one is for Logcabin82, second one is for Macybaby and the third one is for Janice. Hope you like them, Ladies. Macybaby, yours is not that dark. I guess me and this computer are having another standoff. {Otherwise known as "operator error".}
I haven't been to jinnybeyer in years. Better check it out today.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Check out all these free blocks on Jinny Beyer's website. If you print her templates, be sure to set your printer to "actual size" rather than "fit to page".
https://jinnybeyer.com/block-fabric/
Enjoy!

Last edited by Janice McC; 03-15-2024 at 04:58 AM.
Old 03-15-2024, 06:40 AM

Beautiful home Macybaby, hope you sell quickly.

Love both of my block Macy

Ladies all the blocks are gorgeous.

I have 6 Christmas, Easter cacti. They go back and forth with us from Minnesota and Texas. Had a yellow one that bit the dust but have a white one that is blooming for the first time right now. Others are shades of pink. Seems like the pink ones are the easiest to grow.

Cheesehead I love Texas but when it’s time we have to quit traveling back and forth hubby is adamant that we live in Minnesota. Hopefully that is a decision that can be delayed for a long time
Old 03-15-2024, 06:57 AM
Power Poster

We had that same storm that Janice mentioned. It reminded me of a Stephen King movie set LOL.
Here is a block for LogCabin called Autumn Puzzle. It was harder to put together than I thought it would be but I enjoyed making it for you. Hope you like it!!! I love those parrots.
Attached Thumbnails img_7856.jpg  
Old 03-15-2024, 06:58 AM
Power Poster

I don't know if my cactus is an Easter or Christmas, probably Easter? It's at least 50+ years old and we love having something from his grandmother.

Macybaby- that kitchen is to die for. My husband needs one like that. He's a serious cook and our kitchen is just so-so. Somehow he manages though. When we moved here he had a sunroom added but I really wish he had blown out the kitchen to have a real cook's kitchen.

Last edited by SusieQOH; 03-15-2024 at 07:02 AM.
Old 03-15-2024, 07:47 AM
Power Poster

Sweet birdie "spools", Sue!

We are getting rain now too, but just a shower, not a storm. It's suppossed to be on and off today. I was out for my walk when it started sprinkling on me, so I hope I get to finish my steps later in the day.
Old 03-15-2024, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
We had that same storm that Janice mentioned. It reminded me of a Stephen King movie set LOL.
Here is a block for LogCabin called Autumn Puzzle. It was harder to put together than I thought it would be but I enjoyed making it for you. Hope you like it!!! I love those parrots.
Super cute birdy block, Sue! Thank you!
Old 03-15-2024, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Here's my 3 for today. First one is for Logcabin82, second one is for Macybaby and the third one is for Janice. Hope you like them, Ladies. Macybaby, yours is not that dark. I guess me and this computer are having another standoff. {Otherwise known as "operator error".}
Thank you for my birdy block, Libster! Fun birdies everywhere!
Old 03-15-2024, 08:42 AM

Here’s my reworked block for Logcabin82. Much better!
Attached Thumbnails img_5501.jpeg  
Old 03-15-2024, 11:20 AM
Power Poster

Oh how pretty, Janice!
My kitties don't seem to mind the lightning and thunder we had last night. One looked out the window and the other just slept while we watched a movie.

This is for Macybaby called Springtime. So perfect for your fabric. Hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails img_7858.jpg  
Old 03-15-2024, 01:52 PM

Hope you like your block Janice.

Had a wonderful time at the pool met a couple from Minnesota visiting their family, great stories!
Attached Thumbnails img_3448.jpeg