Boom 31 Spring

Old 03-14-2024, 12:56 PM

Here's my 3 for today. First one is for Logcabin82, second one is for Macybaby and the third one is for Janice. Hope you like them, Ladies. Macybaby, yours is not that dark. I guess me and this computer are having another standoff. {Otherwise known as "operator error".}
Attached Thumbnails 20240314_142738-logcabin82-1.jpg   20240314_151643-macybaby-1.jpg   20240314_160908-1-janice-1.jpg  

Last edited by Libster; 03-14-2024 at 01:01 PM.
Old 03-14-2024, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Out of curiosity, what is the metal thing coming out of the counter between the sink and stove, in your upstairs kitchen?
Sewbizgirl, I think you mean the main kitchen, and that is a pot filler. It extends over the range so I can fill a big pot full of water without having to take it to the sink. Only bad part is you still have to take it to the sink to empty it. I've always wanted one, so when I found a counter mount one I put it in. It's not a real good idea to put water pipes in outside walls here in South Dakota. The kitchen used to be on the other side of the house, I designed it and the cabinets, and DH and I did all the work.

Now that I've retired, DH and I are moving south to be with our kids. Both adult kids ended up in the Atlanta suburb area. We moved out here 20 years ago for a job, and have no relatives in the state. I will miss my sewing area, but I sure won't miss the cold and snow, and I'm so looking forward to celebrating holidays with family.

We are moving in with our bachelor son, and plan on building a nice woodworking shop. Once that is done we'll move all of DS's tools to the new shop, and I'll get the whole large open basement for a sewing/craft area.
Old 03-14-2024, 04:21 PM

Thank you SBG for the Beacon Star block, I love it, I was so happy to see that I got one too!

Such a beautiful home Macybaby, I know it will be hard to leave but easy to leave the winters behind. That's why we bounce back and forth from Wisconsin to Alabama. DH won't give up the property in Wisconsin so we keep both homes. Once we get too old to travel back and forth we will have to make a decision between the two.

TG, how cool that a quilt retreat was brought right to your door! I can't wait to hear all about it.

Great blocks eveyone, I enjoy seeig the variety of quilt blocks.

Cheese
Old 03-14-2024, 04:26 PM

Late member reporting in, SIR! I have three blocks finished and one that will be finished yet tonight. Photos tomorrow when I can shoot in better light. Fingers crossed for another finish tomorrow.
Old 03-14-2024, 04:38 PM
Power Poster

Today I made this block for Janice. The pattern was horribly written and wasteful, with lots of half squares made with full squares that are trimmed after sewing, and big pieces wasted. Nowhere on the pattern did it give a finished size, so I assumed 12”, right? It wasn’t until I started putting the large 9 center blocks, did I realize it was a 16” block! No wonder I had trouble making the bunny fabric go far enough… Anyway, after it reached 12.5” I stopped, but it has another 2” round that makes it much prettier. Janice, let me know if you want a 16” block and I’ll finish it. Otherwise it will be 12” like this:
Attached Thumbnails img_4148.jpeg  
Old 03-14-2024, 04:47 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful and perfect blocks, Libster. I love all 3!

Macybaby, a pot filler! How genius! I cook with big pots of water all the time. It would be so handy.
All good reasons to sell and move! You will love the weather in Atlanta (except maybe in the dead of summer). It's pretty much the same as what we have here in Mississippi. It was 80 today, and Springlike again.

Cheese, I'm glad you like the Beacon Star. The center is not perfect. Hope you will forgive me. I didn't want to belabor the fabric any more.
Old 03-15-2024, 03:17 AM

Thank you for the cute Figure 8 block, Lstew! The soft gray with stars you paired it with will be perfect for a baby boy quilt.
Actually the color is blue to match the elephants. My picture looks gray.
Old 03-15-2024, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Rebaquilts View Post
Last one of the day for Hav4boys. Purrrrr….hugs!
Reba, that is such a cute kitty. Great block
Old 03-15-2024, 03:23 AM

Reba, love both of your Christmas blocks... especially mine! Thank you. The kitty block is great too. Adorable piecing.

Saturday I "taught" (led) a mini class at our charity quilt meeting... on making a scrappy strata quilt out of all of your leftover strips. You just sew them in a "strata" (rows going the same direction) until about 10-12" wide, then cross cut them into 1.5", 2" and 2.5" pieces. Make rows of each width you cut, as wide as you want your scrappy quilt. Then sew together. It looks like you sewed a zillion tiny pieces into a quilt, but it was done easily with strips of all sizes and widths. So I have been adding to my Strata quilt all last night and today after church... trying to get my tons of strip scraps sewn up into this quilt. Fun, but I feel like there's no end to my strip scraps. Here is what the end result will look like.
Sewbizgirl, that is such a great idea, I have lots of strips and can make this quilt. I am going to get right on this to try and get rid of some scraps that I can't throw away.
Old 03-15-2024, 04:36 AM

Here’s one for Teriamn. Makes me wish I was lounging poolside with a tall lemonade in my hand!
I see Candy circling the center of this block. Very pretty.

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
Here's one I made last night for Reba.
This block is stunning. Great Job Hav.

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
Two blocks for today,

SBG...get on your sunglasses! Your fabric note indicated several bright colors and you added we could use them all, so I did! It was a fun block to do.

The second block is for TG, today was a bright color day.

Cheese
beautiful colors in these blocks, I love them

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Love your blocks, Cheese!

This one is for Janice. It's called Lily Star but it probably has more names.
Hope you like it. That fabric is precious. Please note: the points aren't cut off! It's the photo missing a spot. Also the pindot fabric I used matches parts of the bunnies. It doesn't really show up here.
Very Pretty block, Great job

Janice, could you please switch out these blocks? It's for sewbizgirl. I made some changes. THANKS!
This is a great block too.

Improv block for Cheesehead. I love this Christmas truck fabric and wanted to make it work here. (Got Cheese’s OK beforehand.)
I love Christmas blocks and this one does not disappoint. I love the Truck

Thanks Cheese, I’m glad you like it.

Here is the Aurora block, for Hav.
I love the colors in this block, I love green.

Ugh. Hope you are about done with the dentist, Terri! Not my favorite thing….

Last block of the night: Lover’s Lane block for TravelingGrandma. Hope it works for you, TG!
Beautiful block, the blues look great together.

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Cheese - Love the sunny variegated block - so amazing - thank you'
Here is the one I texted you about making. Hope you like it. Still not exactly as I had envisioned it!
SewBiz - awesome blue and movement in your block oh my - this quilt is amazing!!
I love the Candles appliqued in the block, looks great

Here is one for Cheese and one for Terriamn.
Great blocks, I love the flip flops

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Took a look at the gallery and realized I had forgotten to post a couple. Made a few today with the help of a 9yo who did not want to do her math!!
Janice - when I saw this pattern (called modern churn) it made me think of dancing and thats what those shoes are doing.
Hav 4 - Loved your fabrics and went to my go-to patterns called Raspberry Cheesecake.
Libster - I agree the green makes your fabric pop - and made another Cheesecake block
LogCabin - your birds needed to fly and I loved working with both of your fabrics. Block is Brave World

So much fun doing these - taking my time too!
Sun finally shining and not too windy today.
Great blocks, These are so pretty. Janice's blocks looks like it is twirling.

Travelinggramma- your blocks are wonderful!!!!!!
Here is one for you. It's called Amish Star.
Beautiful block, Awesome

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
TG and Hav4, thank you for the gorgeous blocks! I just love what everyone is doing with my fabric.

Here are my last two blocks, one for Libster and Terri. Now I need to get working outside on the yard this week, the weather is just beautiful. I also have the kitty quilt from the last boom loaded on the long arm, I can't wait to show everyone what I have done with all of your lovely blocks.
Great blocks also.

Hers are today's creations. One for Lstew2212, TG, and SBG.
My block is fantastic, thank you.

Originally Posted by LogCabin82 View Post
Here is a block for Libster. Hope you like it.

This reminds me of winter, I love it

So many pretty blocks today… Wow. I LOVE my Santa block, Hav. Exactly what I was hoping for!
Glad Ripley didn’t have a worse day. Just enjoy her!
Here are some I made today. I thought it was time to break out the Angleplay templates, and made Hav and Terri blocks with them. The paw print is also Hav’s, and the last block is an improv block for myself.
Great blocks, I live the paw print block

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
So pretty Libster!

Here are my two latest blocks, hot off the ironing board. An Aurora block for Macybaby and an Around the Corner block for Terriamn. I hope you both like them. They aren’t quite as perfect as I’d like (a couple of missed points) but they were fun to make.
Awesome blocks, Janice

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Here are the four I cut out yesterday. First is for SusieQ, second is for Terri, third is for Cheesehead and fourth is for WMUTeach. I hope they work for youu, Ladies.
great blocks, I love the Christmas block

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
A couple of easier blocks but I think they fit the fabric perfectly. Libster hope you like them
Beautiful blocks

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
One more for Lstew. Hope you like it

Janice we also have the smokeless solo campfire burner. It’s great there is no smoke but I miss seeing the burning fire
Terri, I love my block, I am excited about this quilt. Thank you

Hope you like this Beacon Star for your HP quilt, Lstew!
oops… picture is turned 45 degrees. All the directional print is going the same way!
I love this block, thank you

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Lots of pretty blocks showing up - sometimes I worry about unintentionally using the same pattern someone else has, but then I think we're all using different fabrics so no two blocks will be exactly the same even if we all used the same pattern!

I've got a few more done, and will be back to sewing after posting them. Our house finally got listed, and if anyone is curious, here is the link to the listing. macybaby's house for sale

For the blocks, the first one is for terriamn, and then the two for me
Here is a second for Terriiamn, and two more for me
this one if for TravelingGramma, and my two
And another for TravelingGramma, and the two for me
Macybaby, I love seeing your blocks and the different fabrics used for the same block. great job and beautiful blocks

Another Beacon Star, for Cheese!
This is such a pretty block.

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Here's my 3 for today. First one is for Logcabin82, second one is for Macybaby and the third one is for Janice. Hope you like them, Ladies. Macybaby, yours is not that dark. I guess me and this computer are having another standoff. {Otherwise known as "operator error".}
These are beautiful blocks too, I love seeing everybody's finished blocks. So much talent in this group, It's amazing.