Boom 31 Spring

Old 03-14-2024, 06:04 AM

And another for TravelingGramma, and the two for me
Attached Thumbnails tvggma02.jpg   20240312_071237.jpg   20240312_071251.jpg  
Old 03-14-2024, 06:11 AM

Though you can't tell from the pictures, most of the ones I'm doing for myself are 10" blocks. I'll sash them all sides to turn them into 12" blocks, and then I place them alternately with the 12" blocks from the swap and get a sort of offset sashing look. The red one will be 7 blocks by 7 block, so about 84" square. The pink one is going to be set on point, and a bit smaller. The brown one (This one is NOT swapped) will also be set on point, and with that one I'll do a double sashing on the 10" blocks and single on the 12" making them all 14". I'll figure out my setting triangles after all the blocks are made. I'd like to piece them, but that depends on how much of the focus fabric I have left. I'm really glad that I've already got the layout figured, so I know these blocks are not going to end up in a tote and forgotten about for several years! No promises on when the floppies will get quilted, but they will be assembled.
Old 03-14-2024, 07:50 AM
Power Poster

Sewbiz- that Beacon Star is gorgeous! Thanks for the link to those templates.
I just looked at the gallery again and WOWWWWWW!

I found a really cute wallhanging to make my granddaughter and worked on it yesterday. It's almost finished- quick but adorable. I'll post when finished. I can't stop making things for my grands and their parents appreciate it. Today I'm going to work on blocks.

Last edited by SusieQOH; 03-14-2024 at 07:52 AM.
Old 03-14-2024, 09:54 AM

MacyBaby - beautiful home for sale! My grandaughter looked through the gallery and noticed just how many blocks you had and was amazed!!
I love my two blocks and amazed on how different "your" blocks look even though its the same pattern. Thank you ever so much.
Well the camp I am at is also a Christian conference center. At the front driveway they have a sign welcoming in the group(s) that come in and use it. Guess what this weekend is and they are pulling in all day today ----- a quilters retreat! I went over and met the person in charge and was invited to come over. Oh what fun!! Will wait until tomorrow morning when they are all set up and under way and hopefully glean ideas.
Another absolutely beautiful day. Went for our walk. A fire sure sounds good!
Old 03-14-2024, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Here is a second for Terriiamn, and two more for me
Love these colorful blocks!
Old 03-14-2024, 10:22 AM
Power Poster

So many cool blocks and colors, Macybaby. You sure are prolific. Good luck on the sale of your beautiful house.

TG, hope you get to "retreat" with the group coming in. What a fun surprise.

SusieQ, glad you like the Beacon Star. I got it from Jinny Beyer's website.

Old 03-14-2024, 10:28 AM
Power Poster

Another Beacon Star, for Cheese!
Attached Thumbnails img_4147.jpeg  
Old 03-14-2024, 10:43 AM
Power Poster

Just looked at your house listing, Macybaby... wow! That house has so many great features. Why are you leaving it??? Love all your sewing space, extra longarm room, and your stash storage is amazing! And... that house has 2 full kitchens!

Out of curiosity, what is the metal thing coming out of the counter between the sink and stove, in your upstairs kitchen?
Old 03-14-2024, 11:16 AM
Power Poster

Check out all these free blocks on Jinny Beyer's website. If you print her templates, be sure to set your printer to "actual size" rather than "fit to page".

https://jinnybeyer.com/block-fabric/

Enjoy!
Old 03-14-2024, 11:50 AM
Power Poster

Jinny Beyer was one of my very first influences when I started quilting. I took several of her classes and was mesmerized by her. Her books are some of the few I kept when I got rid of a lot of them. She's an amazing woman!