Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0  Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137 >
  • Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

• Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Old 04-18-2010, 03:32 AM

Ok... postal news update:

All UK airports are still closed because of the ash cloud from the Icelandic volcano Eyjafjallajökull (had to copy-paste that name from my browser lol!)

Odessa, I first thought you were talking about another volcano when you reported your earthquake of joy!! lol :D

Anyway, not a joke about the volcano. I don't think any airmail is getting into the UK at the moment, so if you have a block or fabric for me it would be super if you hold on to it for (hopefully) just the next few days until the skies clear again! Sorry about the hassle.

Airmail from the UK is currently being transported over land and over sea to be flown out from Spain. I'm not thrilled by this option aither and think I'll just hang on to the blocks I'm making for you guys - just for now. If the cloud persists, I'll rethink. :)
    Old 04-18-2010, 04:53 AM

Robin -- If you want, you can show me your block (privately) and we can talk about it! I was uber nervous about my first few, but when I posted them on the blog (not the thread!) everyone said they loved them so I think I'm going to be okay! If it was a block for me, SEND IT ANYWAY!!! I'm so excited I know it'll be just as awesome as something I would make!

SalmonSweet -- So sorry to hear the volcano ash is affecting your mail -- If it makes your feel any better, I'm holding on to finished blocks until I have a "batch" to send out at once. If I would get busy (and off the computer) I could go tomorrow!
    Old 04-18-2010, 05:59 AM

I thought I was the only one holding on to finished blocks. I currently have 8 1/2 done and ready to boomerang back to their mommies. I say 1/2 'cause I've got one that is almost done but not quite. I have to wait until DH gets paid on the 1st before I can mail them. Don't know how many I'll have by then.
    Old 04-18-2010, 06:56 AM

I just finished block #6 -- So I will go to the post office tomorrow for sure (unless a 'working lunch' happens, ugh)

I'm going to try to send out a few more, but I will let everyone know which ones go out soon!

Back to work!
    Old 04-18-2010, 06:57 AM

WOW! You ladies are really fast!! I am still working on the first one, but hope to be caught up by weeks end. I am hand piecing 2 of them, hope that is ok!
    Old 04-18-2010, 07:02 AM

LOL Odessa you always make me laugh! I always feel the rumbles under my own feet and wonder if I should duck and hide until I realize it is only due to my own body :-)
    Robin as everyone here has already said (thank you wonderful ladies!!) it is nothing to stress over-we are supposed to have fun and grow with this swap. We all had to start somewhere :-)
    Hand piecing is fine if that is what you are comfortable with :-)
    Hugs
    April
    Oh I am not sure if I posted this or not but I received F8s from Kathy & Nancy in LA
    Old 04-18-2010, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by goldendog55
    I've received F8s from AKAngel, colletakay, hoppyfrog, jetnica, mistiliz, Nancy in Louisiana, oatw13, ReRe, salmonsweet, sandiannie, Sugarpumplin, and tink121272. I've made and mailed blocks to: hoppyfrog, jetnica, ReRe, and tink121272. I've got a few more blocks to make and will mail them and my fabrics to some people next week. Have a nice weekend!
    I received my block!!! Thanks so much!!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-65147.jpe  
    Old 04-18-2010, 02:07 PM

very pretty block. Well I didn't get by the P.O. yesterday as was busy all day so I swung by there today and behold I have 4 more squishies.
    I got them from:
    Salmonsweet (that old volcanoe can't keep a good quilter down)
    Nancy in La.
    craftymainemom
    NorBanaQuilts
    Old 04-18-2010, 03:17 PM

I'm mailing four envelopes tomorrow. ReRe, tink121272, Sugarpumpkin and jetnica. You should have them soon.
    Old 04-18-2010, 03:42 PM

I love the block :)