Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Snowman (people)/Snowflake Block  Swap (Closed) >

Snowman (people)/Snowflake Block Swap (Closed)

Snowman (people)/Snowflake Block Swap (Closed)

Old 08-27-2010, 06:32 PM

Sorry Odessa I already swapped with her, my snowman went out in the mail to her this afternoon.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
Sorry Odessa I already swapped with her, my snowman went out in the mail to her this afternoon.
Ahhh, kwilt, you beat me to it! Good for you. Just so glad everyone can be happy with their collection.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:13 AM

In that last round of photos, my eye is just drawn to that snowperson with the pink hat. It looks 3D. (Third one down). Who made this one? Any more info on it? They are all really cute, just wondering about the construction on this one.
:)Thanks!
Old 08-28-2010, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by lots2do
In that last round of photos, my eye is just drawn to that snowperson with the pink hat. It looks 3D. (Third one down). Who made this one? Any more info on it? They are all really cute, just wondering about the construction on this one.
Not sure which one you mean, both outside rows have a snowperson with a pink hat. I made this block. She has a fleece hat and gloves. The baby blanket was made with 1/2" strips and an 1/8" seam. I put heat bond on it to fuse it, then satin stiched around it. The body was made with flannel and the features with a pigma pen and then heat set. They were a lot of fun to make, although the baby blankie was tedious. The other one was fabric painted. It is a beautiful block from pamdux.

My snowma'am
[ATTACH=CONFIG]106199[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-106194.jpe  
Old 08-28-2010, 02:07 PM

I painted my snow people with fabric paint on prewashed fabric. I really liked the way they turned out. Pam
Old 08-28-2010, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by pamdux
I painted my snow people with fabric paint on prewashed fabric. I really liked the way they turned out. Pam
I got one of your blocks and it is sooo cute. I love it.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:56 PM

Thank you, I am glad you like it.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:43 AM

Thanks for the closeup, Pam. That is a really sweet block. I didn't realize it had so much detail.
Actually, the one I was referring to was the one two down from the snowflake but I enjoyed seeing your block too.
:)
Old 08-29-2010, 10:10 AM

Thanks for the closeup, Pam. That is a really sweet block. I didn't realize it had so much detail.
Actually, the one I was referring to was the one two down from the snowflake but I enjoyed seeing your block too.
The close up of the one with a baby is mine {Rajean, aka hispatchwork} The one you are referring to is Pam's {aka pamdux} block. As I posted my info and close-up, I realized hers was two down from the top also and had a pink hat. I just wanted to be sure you knew it was Pam that had made the one you referred to. :) Rajean
Old 08-29-2010, 10:34 AM

Okay! I was writing my last message right before we took our son to college so was in a rush, sorry!
Pam- did you use a pattern? Would love more info!