Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fat quilts for "fluffy" people >

Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Old 11-19-2010, 12:58 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by LaurieE
I've managed to keep my weight even. That's good. At least I didn't gain. Now to work harder to lose.
I am very happy if I don't gain so don't let it get you down just keep working at it.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Originally Posted by LaurieE
I've managed to keep my weight even. That's good. At least I didn't gain. Now to work harder to lose.
I am very happy if I don't gain so don't let it get you down just keep working at it.
This is holiday time. I usually gain 7-10 pounds between halloween and the first of the year.
NOT this year. So we can stay on the course and we stay even we will be successful!
Old 11-19-2010, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nana
Today is Friday my weigh in day. Last week I was exactly the same as the week before. I have to admit I was dissapointed.
This week is a different story. I am 2.6 pounds down!!!!
I guess I better get going on my quilt I am down 17.6 pounds.
I love this site it keeps me going.
Thank you for helping me through this.
Woo-hoo! Congrats!!!
Old 11-19-2010, 04:54 PM

I can order my fabric!!!! I said I wouldn't buy anything until I'd lost five pounds - this is self imposed, not a rule of any sort.

Today I went to the Dr. He's the one who noticed I'd lost five pounds since Nov 1. I was using a different starting weight, but he has it in writing and I do reverse numbers, so I know where the glitch was. *5* down is exciting. :-) Where's a dancing icon?
Old 11-19-2010, 04:57 PM

i'm going to bow out of this one. It's going to take 18+ months to get my thyroid under control before I can actually count on actual weight loss.

=(

Congrats to those who are losing - you are an inspiration!
Old 11-19-2010, 05:07 PM

Mary ...Fat Quarters, you are too funny. I will get in on this one too, but I think I too will use five lb increments, I lost 30 last year, put back fifteen, and have bouncing back and forth in a 5 lb range, this should give me a great incentive, will decide as I read more about pattern etc. A great reward idea that is non food.
Good Luck to all of us and stay motivated.
Rita
Old 11-19-2010, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
I can order my fabric!!!! I said I wouldn't buy anything until I'd lost five pounds - this is self imposed, not a rule of any sort.

Today I went to the Dr. He's the one who noticed I'd lost five pounds since Nov 1. I was using a different starting weight, but he has it in writing and I do reverse numbers, so I know where the glitch was. *5* down is exciting. :-) Where's a dancing icon?
We will all dance with you...burns calories right?
Old 11-19-2010, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by jetnica
i'm going to bow out of this one. It's going to take 18+ months to get my thyroid under control before I can actually count on actual weight loss.

=(

Congrats to those who are losing - you are an inspiration!
You need to take care of yourself first. Hopefully we are all doing this for the right reason. Being healthy is more important than a number on a scale.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:55 PM

Well, I weighed in yesterday, forgot to post. up .8 pounds but it's that time of the month for me.. so yea.. that's not bad at all.

My grand total weight loss so far since March 17, 2010: 41.2 pounds. And we went on vacation for 3 weeks during that time. I am so proud of myself, I'm fitting into clothes I haven't fit into since before I was pregnant! Everyone at work that I never see has thought I was a new employee.

I've got at least another 40 to go, and then we'll see. Every 5 pounds I lose I get myself a little something, like a pair of earrings or a charm pack.

Soon the only fat quarters in my house will be in my stash and not on me.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose

I'm doing the happy dance for you!!! :thumbup: