Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's Behind Your Quilting Board ID? >

What's Behind Your Quilting Board ID?

What's Behind Your Quilting Board ID?

Old 08-08-2011, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
Originally Posted by olebat
. . . Wouldn't it be fun to make quilt squares that represent your name?
You're on to a great idea here! We'd need to make it by states or regions, because of the size. Think of all of the states/countries displaying at a national Quilt Board conference. Work out some details with admin. I'm in.
Wow. I'm not even sure how we'd do this! Didn't even think of Quilt Board conferences -- you're way ahead of me on this one. HELP!!!
Someone, somewhere said, "If you're going to dream, dream big." OK, perhaps it's a big dream, but we're having state meet-ups. It'll only be a matter of time before there are regional and national meet-ups. If we all embrace that dream, it'll happen sooner, rather than later. But the QB name quilts can happen sooner. I can't offer any help, but the folks who do the swaps and bom's probably could make suggestions. Who wants to volunteer?
Old 08-08-2011, 04:22 AM
Swap Hosts

. . . Wouldn't it be fun to make quilt squares that represent your name?
You're on to a great idea here! We'd need to make it by states or regions, because of the size. Think of all of the states/countries displaying at a national Quilt Board conference. Work out some details with admin. I'm in.
Wow. I'm not even sure how we'd do this! Didn't even think of Quilt Board conferences -- you're way ahead of me on this one. HELP!!!
Someone, somewhere said, "If you're going to dream, dream big." OK, perhaps it's a big dream, but we're having state meet-ups. It'll only be a matter of time before there are regional and national meet-ups. If we all embrace that dream, it'll happen sooner, rather than later. But the QB name quilts can happen sooner. I can't offer any help, but the folks who do the swaps and bom's probably could make suggestions. Who wants to volunteer?
I'll do it, but I don't even know where to begin. Explain to me about the meet ups and what / how we might do this. Before I go to admin it would be nice to know what I'm asking about!!!
Old 08-08-2011, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Ps 150
Originally Posted by Homemother
Gosh - true confessions. Mine came from an era where I was being pressured to go and get a job while my kids were young. I rebelled against all those who thought I wasted my education and called myself Homemother. (Not sayin' you all have to be one, but I wanted to be one and BE proud of it!!!)

I now have one son who was graduated from college this year, two sons still in college, and a daughter looking at schools for next year. Time wasted??? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!
I quit college to be a homemother and don't regret a thing! I homeschool our little girls so when people come to me and tell me that I still should've gone on to be a teacher or a nurse, I tell them that I did. They normally get quite uncomfortable but I don't mind. What kills me is that a feminist told me I could be anything I wanted to be and when I replied that I wanted to be a stay home mommy, she scorned me. Oh well!
When our first was born, 26 years ago, my husband and I decided I would stop working, it was mostly a financial decision.
Our reason was, and over the years it ended up true, if I wasn't home, he could not accept overtime. His time and a half pay more than made up for what I could make.
I remember there was one gal who made the comment about something "Since you're home, it won't matter what day" and one gal who asked if I'd watch the children of a friend of hers while she worked. Huh? In her defense, she was just asking and when I told her no she didn't try to change my answer.

I attribue my staying home to all 3 kids having college scholarships, though one instead joined the Navy, and my daughter now has plans to go to med school.
(all with no student loans!)
I've already said my ID is my basenji kennel name, something that would have never happened if I had stayed home
Old 08-08-2011, 06:13 AM

olebat and krystyna: very interesting, keep on with this, you got my attention! Sounds like a plan! :thumbup:
Old 08-08-2011, 06:19 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by hpylady
olebat and krystyna: very interesting, keep on with this, you got my attention! Sounds like a plan! :thumbup:
But HOW???
Old 08-08-2011, 06:29 AM

Gracious Sakes! I don't know! lol I am a follower, not a leader in no means but I'll be watching to see what some of these experienced ladies and gents come up with. At least this is a beginning.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:41 AM

you are a very creative, innovative and warm hearted lady!! how much fun to think about a quilt square to represent each name. my mind is whirling right now!
Old 08-08-2011, 06:51 AM

My ID is just my first initial and last name and then my birthday, May 29. This is what I use for just about anything, including email. I was never very good at coming up with different names for things or I would forget them. :)
Old 08-08-2011, 07:02 AM

I am Wagoza... at least that is my alien name. Many years ago my kids and I had lunch at Burger King and of course there were kid meals. The theme was 'Men in Black', the movie. One of the activities was to figure out your alien name. There was a scrambled alphabet along with the standard alphabet and you needed to match the letters to find your name. Mine was the only one we could pronounce so it stuck.

My kids, now ages 21 - 14, still call me Wagoza when I don't respond to 'mom' or Denise, my human name. I have even put Wagoza on my personalized license plate. It is one way to keep my kids with me all the time.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:06 AM

I live in Alaska and I'm a quilter.