Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Winter/Winter Holiday Block Swap >
  • Winter/Winter Holiday Block Swap

• Winter/Winter Holiday Block Swap

Old 01-13-2015, 09:32 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by marybrace
    I'm totally confused...A self addressed envelope (for returning the blocks) was to be included when the sets of blocks were sent to Red. So my confusion is, why is there a a question about the "address" on the return envelope since it should have been done by Lv2sew2011 herself/himself?
    When a person sends an a set of blocks that has no envelope, I always use the person's name and address as the return too. It was exactly addressed like that for her. I guess they must have changed it, because I used your mailing envelope to address the priority one to return the blocks to you.. (Which the original block envelope I received, I still kept and have if you want to see that too.)

In the meantime I would be sending a copy of the receipt to the postal person who is lying to you and file for the money.

None the less, I will try and help make all this right somehow donna. Let me look to see what I have, ok?

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 01-13-2015 at 09:34 AM.
    Old 01-13-2015, 09:49 AM

Red, I feel so bad for you. Two snafu's of blocks, one here and one with the Halloween blocks. I don't believe this is your fault. The postal mailing has gotten terrible! (And, it's not like it's cheap to mail things anymore.) But, together, we can make this right.

So Donna, get to pm'ing us. We want to help and get you started receiving those blocks. You have "lots" of time to put together something for Christmas/Winter this year.
    Old 01-13-2015, 10:13 AM
    Power Poster

I am very happy that some girls have come forward to help donna out. It isn't her fault or mine. The post office just isn't what it used to be. I am cured from ever wanting to host a swap again. I love doing for you girls, but, I am sure you understand why I bowed out. Wow, I would think that the person who received it would let someone know and send it back to the post office. The zip code is way different, what was the post office thinking? It is a federal offence last I heard to mess with the us mail.
    Old 01-13-2015, 10:35 AM
    Power Poster

donna, in case you didn't see the receipt, it is on page 55.
    Old 01-13-2015, 11:26 PM

Well this receipt might help us get the $50.00 since they have no ideal where they left the blocks. Let me take a copy of this receipt to my PO and see what they have to say. I don't want to put you ladies out and I do very much appreciate your offer. The PO ticked me off with there letter stating they delivered it when it says on the tracking that they sent it to recovery center in Atlanta but the letter is from St Louis MO So I'm totally confused. LOL I don't understand why they sent it to Chickasha, When I live in Orlando and the zip is wrong to. I found the mistake and it's a typo from the clerk she typed 73023 instead of 73073 which is Orlando......So there is the mistake and it's on them....

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
    Here is the receipt girls. It was sent to Oklahoma, not Florida. I think the post office is trying to pull a fast one. I think it is time that they paid the insurance amount of 50 dollars and I will see if I have some to send. I know after making my wall hanging there wasn't much left, but, maybe I could make a couple to share too. I don't know why they are fibbing about this, but I can only guess.

Last edited by Lv2sew2011; 01-13-2015 at 11:32 PM. Reason: mistake
    Old 01-13-2015, 11:35 PM

Red don't quit, I know you enjoy doing these swaps and it wasn't your fault simply typo by the PO. Now that I have something to show them maybe they can fix or give either way. I didn't mean to upset you just wanted to know what the heck did the PO do with my blocks....LOL

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
    I am very happy that some girls have come forward to help donna out. It isn't her fault or mine. The post office just isn't what it used to be. I am cured from ever wanting to host a swap again. I love doing for you girls, but, I am sure you understand why I bowed out. Wow, I would think that the person who received it would let someone know and send it back to the post office. The zip code is way different, what was the post office thinking? It is a federal offence last I heard to mess with the us mail.
    Old 01-13-2015, 11:42 PM

Im going to head to the PO tomorrow see what they have to say. With copy of receipt in hand. Let them wiggle there way on this one now that I have receipt to show there mistake....
    Old 01-14-2015, 09:59 AM
    Power Poster

Let us know what happens donna. If you need the original receipt let me know I will mail it to you. I don't need it anymore.
    Old 01-14-2015, 04:08 PM

Well, no luck at this PO they said I would have to contact the website and appeal there decision there. You call they say they can't help you. Crazy and they wonder why people are using UPS and FedX and loosing business. Mail Carrier should of noticed the address was wrong if they would of looked at it...So let you know what happen after I go through there website again hope able to send them copy of the receipt.....
    Old 01-14-2015, 05:55 PM
    Power Poster

I found a dozen blocks I had left over donna. I will mail them off as soon as I can to you. Hopefully they can get it right delivering it this time. Four of them were mine that I made for the swap. Two more were ones I made to send that weren't part the swap, but I thought you would like . And the rest are winter blocks from a couple of years of blocks from our swaps.

If you need the original receipt, let me know.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 01-14-2015 at 06:02 PM.