Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-11-2011, 02:03 PM

We just had a tornado hit our house! We are fine, the roof is missing shingles and it blew the wrought iron furniture across the yard, and blew the front pillars off the porch! Our blessed neighbors came over and re-installed the pillar, landlord will fix the shingles and anchor the pillars in the morning.

It was very scary. We will have more storms tonight.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:17 PM

Glad you are safe purlpemem. Keep your head down andfamily(including fur) safe.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:32 PM

Purplmem, you need to watch your diabetes, it is dangerous to get so low. Since I have started this latest diet, I have been able to stop taking one of my meds that made me go so low. Take care of yourself.

I too, am bi-polar, and am so glad they have meds that help. It gives me a life. Before it stunk. My poor husband stuck with me and now we are feasting on the manna that we were denied for oh, so long. I am a blessed person.

By the way, we don't recoons either. LOL You made my day, and I am drooling because of where you live.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by purplemem
We just had a tornado hit our house! We are fine, the roof is missing shingles and it blew the wrought iron furniture across the yard, and blew the front pillars off the porch! Our blessed neighbors came over and re-installed the pillar, landlord will fix the shingles and anchor the pillars in the morning.

Thank God you all are safe. I know how scary that is. We had the storms roll thru but nothing severe just a lot of flooding. Started raining at 8:30am and didn't stiop til 3:30pm. I mean it literally rained non- stop. Be safe out there tonight.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem

I'm glad you're OK, how frightening!
Old 04-11-2011, 03:14 PM

Dropping below 1,200 caloroies a day can cause lots of problems. It can actually fool your body into thinking it is starving and you will slow down on the burning of calories. It shouldn't be done without a medical OK.

I get really concerned when I see people losing 20+ pounds in a month. A healthy weight loss should be 1 to 2 pounds a week.

Go online and Mayo Clinic has a decent diet that can be used to jump start a diet. It is based on the food pyramid.

MJ, please be careful. The world needs you. Carol
Old 04-11-2011, 05:56 PM

MJ, glad you are okay, blood sugar wise, and tornado wise. We have been under tornado warning for the past 2 hrs. Heavy rain, horrible thunder and lightening. Tornado alarms keep going off. However, it does seem the worst has passed over. I hope it stays gone. We are expecting "severe thunderstorms" off and on all night.

I am to be at the hospital tomorrow morning at 5:00 AM. I have a "special soap" I have to shower with in the AM so I will be up at 3:30 AM, if I even get any sleep at all. I am nervous and plum sick to my stomach. I could not eat dinner, as I am so close to throwing up. Just been drinking my water. I am so ready to get this surgery over with and be on the mend, but I'm still nervous, which is normal...... I hope you all have a good evening. Stay safe. Big hugs, Sandy
Old 04-11-2011, 06:33 PM

MJ, I'm glad you are okay. Our weather has been terrible, too. Reported, but not comfirmed, tornadoes last night and the strangest lighting I have seen in Michigan. 15 minutes of continuous horizontal lightning with no thunder. Lots of huge trees down, but no injuries.

Sandy, get some sleep after bathing with that nasty soap. You're almost on your road to recovery. My prayers for a calm morning, successful surgery and uneventful healing are with you.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:43 PM

Sandy,

Good luck, quick healing and may God guide the hands of your surgeons.

Pat.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Sandy I will be thinking of you all day tomorrow. I pray that God will bring calmness to you tonight so that you can rest. I love you!!