Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon >

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

Old 04-16-2012, 12:23 PM

I want to thank Jaunty Melissa for the package I recieved today in the mail. She sent me pattern for making a swimsuit cover. Several pieces of material, some of her homemade fruit relish(My family loves stuff like that) a peach candle, a loom for sewing, some packages of lemonade and coffee, a really cute homemade pin cushion made out of blue felt and with a butterfly embr. on it, some clamps ( I don't have any of those, they will be really handy to use) some green, yellow, and white emb.r thread. some three musketers (my favorite candy), a cadbury egg (my favorite Easter candy), a packet of Constant comet tea (how did you know that is one of my favorite teas =8~) ) some bobbin thread holders, a cute little green frame. A travel eucerin lotion. I actually have been buying Eucerin lotion every time I go to the store, but I didn't have a travel size bottle of it. So thank you very much for that. She sent a snake that grows, and a puzzle of Abe Lincoln, a package of note cards, a measuring tape. two magazines and a quilt book.

Thanks so much
JULI

I have taken two pictures of her package but just can't get them to download.I have tried the resizing If someone would like to try and post them for me, I would be happy to email them to you.

Last edited by Juli; 04-16-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:26 PM

Oh Sweet Krystyna ~ Along with about a dozen other people.....I have not had the privilege of having you send me a package either!!!! So I add to the chorus that you cannot quit until you've gotten my name....of course I know because I DO LOVE GLITTER you will have a lot of glitter items that you can send on to me. I draw the line at glitter teeth or braces or whatever that horrible picture was!

I hear your 'hurt' in not having acknowledgement for your efforts. You have to know from the many responses how dearly you would be missed if this disappointing month or other months should make you leave this wonderful swap.

I join several others here in giving you the biggest "Cyber Quilty GROUP Hugs" You are loved!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:51 PM

Yep, I am waiting.....good thing I am home all this week except for Wednesday....but I will be home about 12:30 on that day...

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
hmmm... segasal did i have you as a sp this month? your state sure sounds familiar but i am just not sure. but hang on it's coming.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:57 PM

I just received an amazing and generous package from hearthhush and I am just so happy with all of the goodies that she has sent to me!! She made me an adorable pincushion and she made me a casserole carrier in two of my favorite colors. This will be put to use without a doubt! I also received 5 beautiful pieces of fabric in shades of orange, a cute handmade coaster, self threading needles and magnet, a ruler, a magazine that I can't wait to dig into, an adorable mini scrap book, a BIG bag of Smarties and the most unique handmade decoration that I will try to describe but won't do it justice...there is a clear container and on the lid it says: Nesting notions...This hand glittered birdie took a notion to feather her nest with a collection of charming sewing supplies! Her jar contains river rocks, moss and twigs. And it's trimmed with fabric scraps, vintage thread spools and scrapbooking embellishments". There is a ribbon tied to the top of the container with the saying and inside contains all of the little tidbits that are mentioned. It is ADORABLE! Thank you again for the wonderful package and the thought that was put in to it. HUGS!![ATTACH=CONFIG]328321[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]328322[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]328323[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]328324[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]328325[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 001-640x480-.jpg   002-640x480-.jpg   003-640x480-.jpg   004-640x480-.jpg   005-640x480-.jpg  

Old 04-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post
Oh Sweet Krystyna ~ Along with about a dozen other people.....I have not had the privilege of having you send me a package either!!!!

Too bad for you! Hahahaha!

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post
I hear your 'hurt' in not having acknowledgement for your efforts. You have to know from the many responses how dearly you would be missed if this disappointing month or other months should make you leave this wonderful swap.
I join several others here in giving you the biggest "Cyber Quilty GROUP Hugs" You are loved!
Thank you, but honestly I'm not hurt at all. I haven't made a final decision but as my signature says, "Like what you do. If you don't like it, do something else." Words of wisdom from Paul Harvey.

And I will still be around to stalk on everyone's behalf. Where is Candi???? I sure do miss the stalker queen. It was a lot more fun around here when she was active! Of course Ms. Cupid is taking up the slack. Not to mention Havplenty who seems to have given up on sending shoes ... or has she???
Old 04-16-2012, 01:02 PM
Swap Hosts

Brenda, what a nice package you received. Is that a casserole carrier? And ... NICE PIX!!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 01:04 PM

Yes it is a casserole carrier K and it's adorable....

Juli I just PM'd you my email...send me your pics and I will try to resize and post for you..
Old 04-16-2012, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
woohoo. all three sp swap packages are out for delivery today. now to get them into the hands of my swap pals hopefully to gleeful smiles.

now it time to start planning next month's handmade surprises.
swap package update:
~ one package has been delivered
~ one package is still out for delivery
~ one package was out for delivery (in the correct city) and now the tracking info states its in another city. huh???? pal i am not sure what is going on with your package and i can only hope (and pray) that it makes it to the correct city, correct address.

i still am waiting on two of my swap packages to arrive, but alas i am patient. i will check my box again on friday or saturday to see what surprises await me.

Last edited by Havplenty; 04-16-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:19 PM

I still haven't recieved a thankyou from my secret pal either and her package was delivered aweek ago last Sat. Lori have you heard anything yet?
Old 04-16-2012, 01:20 PM

Default Swap received

Received my swap from khartquilt. She really packed the box full of wonderful goodies. Don't think I will remember everything but there was Day of the Dead fabric which I collect, fabric and batting which I will use to make a wnderful preemie quilt,needles, of course sugar-free chocolate =, two types of crystal light iced tea and I just ran out of this, heart pins and never seen these around here, a pin cushion which is on my shelf in the studio with all the others I have received from this group, Quilting arts TV DVD. Thank you for such a wonderful swap pkg!
Attached Thumbnails swap.jpg