Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon >

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

Old 04-16-2012, 10:36 AM

Well, went to my mail box a little while ago....and not SP package for me....but I will wait and be patient...
Old 04-16-2012, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
There has been quite a bit of discussion about why members do not post on this thread after they receive their packages and why they do not post photos. I know that it is very disappointing when your partner doesn't post anything especially when you have put so much time and effort into the package and often included little handmade things. So ... I asked my two SPs -- neither of whom posted photos or on the thread -- why they didn't. Both had their reasons and I respect that.

For me, most of the fun is gone when so many don't bother to leave hints or don't post photos or don't post at all. You sort of feel like you just sent a nice package off into outer space or kicked it out the front door to wait and see who picks it up.

So, after putting so much personalized effort into them I had to ask myself, "Why bother?" Two in one month is too much for me, so with that, although I've made some lovely friends here and I really have to think about whether I want to continue.

I hope this doesn't discourage anyone new. I've had a lot of good months here, too and I'm certain you will, too.
Krystna,
Altho I can relate to your concerns, I will tell you why I don't post pictures: for me it's too exhausting, I barely have the energy to fool around with taking a picture, resizing it hunting around my computer, etc. However, I always try to post both a PM and a message here detailing what I got and how much I like it (which is usually quite a lot!). I hope you will reconsider (I haven't gotten a K package either!)....
Jo
Old 04-16-2012, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
Thanks everyone I am excited about the possible
cruise to Alaska.
Of course I have never been on a cruise or outside
the "United States" so I know nothing about any of t
his. All I know is mom said we needed to get started
on the passports soon because it will be the first time
(for me at least).

Hubs wants to see Alaska again this time being a tourist
instead of in the Army. He was stationed up there both
times he was in. The last time he was married (to wife #1)
and had his two daughters not long after he returned from
Desert Storm 1.

My "dream" vacation is to visit Figi, don't know why but
I do, it is really the only place outside the U.S. that I have
the deep desire to see before I die. Of course there are other
places I want to visit, but Figi is at the very top of the list.
I don't think mom has been there yet, will have to ask her.

Of course I keep thinking about not having my "comfort"
things near me while I am on the cruise. Things like, my
fabric, sewing machines, scissors, etc. I AM taking my laptop
so that I can at least "design" some quilts in EQ7 maybe that
will sustain me a little bit while gone.

Come to think of it I don't even know how long this cruise is
going to be. USUALLY the cruises they take (30+ and counting)
are no less than 10 days but most of the time they are like
14+ days.

Maybe I will find some fabric shops; what do you think?

Only thing about the cruise hubs and I are NOT looking
forward to is spending time with his "better than thou"
sister and her family. Just thinking about that gives me
a massive headache LOL.

But more than anything I am going to miss you all, and
possibly the swaps (unless I can figure out a way to do them).

Oh Louise, you lucky thing
We did the Alska cruise two years ago and loved it. There are quite a few quilt shops along the stops, if you google the ports of call for quilt shops you will find them. We got to see whales, seals and bald eagles which my daughters loved. One of the extra excursions we did was to the husky camp which was my youngest daughters favourite part of the whole trip. Our cruise started from Vancouver and we spent two days there beforehand. As it was a long flight from Ireland we also did the Rocky Mountaineer train trip to Calgary and spent two days in Calgary as well. It was a wonderful holiday and one that I would gladly do again. My husband even got used to the "there's just one shop here that I want to go to" and started looking out for fabric and quilt shops himself and even came inside and helped pick out fabrics with Alaskan themes on them. You will have a ball.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by gzuslivz View Post
Please pray for my daughter, Jamie. She has been sick since Monday. Today I took her to Urgent Care. She has been admitted to the hospital with Toxic Shock Syndrome.
thoughts and prayers coming across the water for you
Old 04-16-2012, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by SEGASAL View Post
Well, went to my mail box a little while ago....and not SP package for me....but I will wait and be patient...
hmmm... segasal did i have you as a sp this month? your state sure sounds familiar but i am just not sure. but hang on it's coming.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:06 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by LindaC View Post
Oh Louise, you lucky thing
We did the Alska cruise two years ago and loved it. There are quite a few quilt shops along the stops, if you google the ports of call for quilt shops you will find them. We got to see whales, seals and bald eagles which my daughters loved. One of the extra excursions we did was to the husky camp which was my youngest daughters favourite part of the whole trip. Our cruise started from Vancouver and we spent two days there beforehand. As it was a long flight from Ireland we also did the Rocky Mountaineer train trip to Calgary and spent two days in Calgary as well. It was a wonderful holiday and one that I would gladly do again. My husband even got used to the "there's just one shop here that I want to go to" and started looking out for fabric and quilt shops himself and even came inside and helped pick out fabrics with Alaskan themes on them. You will have a ball.
And don't forget to stock up on cozy moose print jammies! My sisters have done that cruise and each time they went they brought back my favorite winter wear - moose pjs!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:16 AM

OFF TOPIC: If I could go to just ONE place before I die, it would be IRELAND. My brother did our genealogy and we have some Irish in us as well as French and English. In fact, Princess Di was/is a distant cousin of ours. But I have a burning desire to go to Ireland. Linda C, can I stay with you?!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
OFF TOPIC: I just made a cool cupcake oven mitt but it looks wonky because it kept slipping on me. It was 3 layers thick of batting and the front and back piece and I always have problems with small projects like that where there's batting involved. I'd show a pic but am ashamed at how it looks, any suggestions on how to keep it nice and steady??? It was also THICKER when I had to join the 2 pieces (9 total) together!! I think my problem comes when I have to sew 2 separate pieces together instead as ONE WHOLE unit.
Tersa I had same problem!! Still working on it!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:59 AM

SP package is out for delivery....Her cat's name is "Ginger"
Old 04-16-2012, 12:04 PM

Default My april package from eagleoneowl2u2

I want to thank Eagleoneowl2u2 for my package I recieved in the mail today in the mail.
She sent me a back support pillow, a pattern for boys pajamas, a Thomas the train panel (Owen's favorite show), a panel to make a Halloween cape that is really cute, a buch of scrapbooking materials, several pieces of fabric, a bunch of cadbury eggs, some mini eggs, a little mug rug that is really cute. Its made out the fabricS that I love.

I have two pictures of my package and tried to post them, I just but I can't get them to post.

Thanks again!
JULI