Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Funky Dawg Swap-closed - Mail Date August 15, 2011 >

Funky Dawg Swap-closed - Mail Date August 15, 2011

Funky Dawg Swap-closed - Mail Date August 15, 2011

Old 08-18-2011, 10:47 AM

Wondering the same thing. How did you stab yourself with the seam ripper? I hope you feel better soon. Just rest it will be better soon **hugs** to you.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:57 AM

I put my seam ripper in my purse in an outside pocket. Somehow with all the fuss of putting up my design wall at the quilt meeting, I pushed the purse into my thigh not realizing that the seam ripper would just go with the flow and rip my leg open. It did a nice job but only 1.25" and five stitches. It was tough telling the doctor who is doing the foot surgery tomorrow that I cut myself with "Jack" the ripper. Another person named my ripper for me. I truly appreciate it because they are right. My husband just shook his head and said "oh my goodness". He is so sweet, at least he did not laugh at me. I need Miss Priss (Cuddles) right now.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by cattailsquilts
Originally Posted by Foxflower
:lol: OH, REAL burners. If you look up the burning man festival on the internet you'll see why I thought about those "burners" in conjunction with a funky swap :-P You're going to be :shock: if you look at some of the pictures. Our small town is on one of the most direct paths to the festival, so hundreds come through here and we always see something that :shock:s us (unless we manage to avoid town altogether.)
I have friends who are burners, too, so that was also my first thought! This year is supposed to be crazy- you may want to avoid town entirely!! :shock:

And Sandpat, I LOVE the 'Occupied' blocks! Those are great!!
Crazier than usual :?: :shock: :!: Thanks for the warning. :idea:
Old 08-18-2011, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
I put my seam ripper in my purse in an outside pocket. Somehow with all the fuss of putting up my design wall at the quilt meeting, I pushed the purse into my thigh not realizing that the seam ripper would just go with the flow and rip my leg open. It did a nice job but only 1.25" and five stitches. It was tough telling the doctor who is doing the foot surgery tomorrow that I cut myself with "Jack" the ripper. Another person named my ripper for me. I truly appreciate it because they are right. My husband just shook his head and said "oh my goodness". He is so sweet, at least he did not laugh at me. I need Miss Priss (Cuddles) right now.
Oh my. You might want to considering jailing Jack and getting yourself a ripper with a cap---much better behaved.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Power Poster

Oh my Momma....a sewing tool injury!!! I tell ya'...the general public has no idea how dangerous this hobby really is! Hope you recover soon....so sorry Miss Priss isn't there to kiss up on you. Just think though, soon you will be getting lots of new blocks to help you with your recovery.

Got more puppies today!

Karen- 2 sets
Jrsay- 4 sets
Old 08-19-2011, 07:16 AM

yea my guys made it!!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Attachment-243860.pdf (304.4 KB, 45 views)
Old 08-19-2011, 08:11 AM

Glad my pups made it!

I've been sitting here this morning reading all the posts for the last couple of weeks as I was too busy sewing & getting my blocks finished to keep up!

It has been just hilarious with you folks! It would be so much fun to get all of us together wit the completed quilts some time.

I would love to get some of the embroidery ones too as I don't have an embroidery machine & I love the rare breeds.

I was so busy getting my blocks ready tomail I forgot to take pics of them! But I have a few still here to be finished.

Sandpat we can't thank you enough for hosting this swap It has been so much fun.
Everyone's blocks are just too cute & creative.

Debs & Hemi :thumbup:
Old 08-19-2011, 03:41 PM

Sandpat did you get my second group of pups yet? Sorry to be impatient just want to make sure you guys aren't waiting on me.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Power Poster

Brooke, I got you 3 extra sets today! Yippee! I think we are just waiting on a few more...I'll be sending out some emails this weekend. I know for sure we have at least 1 more package that we are waiting for....it won't be long though!!

I'm still waiting for that darn milk bone delivery truck too....where oh where ARE you?????? ***Tweet!!! Tweet!!!! * (Thats how my loud whistle sounds...pretty sad isn't it? Now you know why my dog doesn't mind me...:wink:)
Old 08-19-2011, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Brooke, I got you 3 extra sets today! Yippee! I think we are just waiting on a few more...I'll be sending out some emails this weekend. I know for sure we have at least 1 more package that we are waiting for....it won't be long though!!

I'm still waiting for that darn milk bone delivery truck too....where oh where ARE you?????? ***Tweet!!! Tweet!!!! * (Thats how my loud whistle sounds...pretty sad isn't it? Now you know why my dog doesn't mind me...:wink:)
YaY !!! jpthequilter
PS. Hoooo My cat doesn't mind me very well either....
Do you suppose the dawggie quilt I am going to make for him to inspect will give Mikey-the-Moocher any incentives to behave better?