Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
QUILTS STOLEN FROM LQS... >

QUILTS STOLEN FROM LQS...

QUILTS STOLEN FROM LQS...

Old 02-19-2011, 08:54 PM

I love that store too. I wish I lived closer. That is terrible that people take quilts. It breaks my heart!
Old 02-19-2011, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Just found out that 3 display quilts were stolen from my favorite LQS. :thumbdown:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...id=1205032784#!/pages/Quilters-Paradise/140608436597

Quilters Paradise is a WONDERFUL store with the friendliest, most helpful staff, great classes and a joy to be in.

I hope that QB members in the Central Valley of California will keeps their eyes out for these quilts.
I'm in walking distance to Quilters Paradise and it is a wonderful store. Is there any chance you can post the pictures here on the board for those of us who live in the area that don't have facebook accounts. If I understand correctly, it was quilts from the sales area in front where the quilts were taken. Or, was it quilts from the back room where customer quilts were hung?
Old 02-19-2011, 09:19 PM

Here's photos for those not on Facebook. Sorry that I didn't think of posting them earlier.

Here's the store's post on Facebook:

A Thief Among Us
.by Quilters' Paradise on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 8:52pm.
All of us at QP are feeling very sad, angry and frustrated. Over the past few weeks we have had several quilt samples stolen from the shop. Among those are a Babies Gone Wild, a minkee baby quilt; Wild Thing, a minkee throw; and most recently, Shabby Rose, a flannel quilt with minkee and chenille. This thief has not only stolen from us, but has stolen from you. Unfortunately, we find ourselves now looking at every customer as the potential thief. A very sad day indeed....................

"Babies Gone Wild" (pink one stolen)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]167660[/ATTACH]

"Shabby Rose"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]167661[/ATTACH]

"Wild Thing"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]167662[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-167655.jpe   attachment-167656.jpe   attachment-167657.jpe  
Old 02-19-2011, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Deborah12687
It is so sad that someone has to go stealing someone elses quilts. I hope that they find them who ever they are. Seems like all stores need to put up some good security these days. I stopped someone who was shop lifting in a store. I got a bit bumped up but took them down. I use to be a security guard and learned how to take a person down.
You go Deborah!! Good for you. I have never really tried to stop anyone personally who was shoplifting in a store but I always report it to the Store managers or clerks and many have been caught because of this.
I hate thieves. I can't see the quilts, because I do not do Facebook, but it is such a shame when people sink this low. We can't be too careful today with all of the low lifes running around and ruinning things for all the honest people in the world.
It breaks my heart to think of all the hard work that went into making the quilts for someone to be that sorry!
Old 02-19-2011, 09:57 PM

Sheesh, today the security guard at Target checked my receipt b/c my 10 pack of paper towels wasn't in a bag, even though he WATCHED me check out. Awful for the quiltmaker and shop owner. One would like to think quilt shops are creep and criminal free. What's next? Flashers in batik section?
Old 02-19-2011, 11:48 PM

I've seen the pictures and will keep my eyes open in Modesto. We are north of Clovis, but you never know where they will show up. So sad when something like this happens.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:53 AM

This is my favorite Quilt shop in the Valley and I shop there regularly and have admired these quilts recently, I live 30 miles north-east of Clovis and know many quilters around here, I will be putting the word out, I a,m so sorry that the world is full of dishonest people :D
Old 02-20-2011, 07:55 AM

I have the same question as Anna. How do you walk out with a quilt under your arm? Maybe an Inside job? Just wondering. I don't think there is such a rush in most quilt shops that an employee couldn't watch the door.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:27 AM

I had a man come and buy baby quilts from me for several years . Sat and talked with my husband and myself and told of his time in the service and his life. Thought he was an honest man, and then one time he brought his niece here to pick out a quilt for herself becasue she was pregnant. When she couldn't decide which one she wanted he said take both of them. When he left he said he did not want to talk price in front of her and he would be back to pay for them. He never did come back. After calling him several times and figured I would never get my money I took him to small claims court, he never showed and to this day I have never got my money. I am out over $200.00 Never again will I trust someone , even if I know them. Asked himn one time when I called him how he could stand himself for stealing quilts. His replied, I didn't steal anything. Go figure.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:51 AM

Very sad i'll spread the word and hope they find their way home