Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Going on a Lancaster PA shop hop Saturday >

Going on a Lancaster PA shop hop Saturday

Going on a Lancaster PA shop hop Saturday

Old 04-14-2011, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by mic-pa
Lancaster is one of my favorite spots too. I like Weavers, just outside Litiz on Rte 501 and Zooks in Intercoarse pa. also Dutchland Quilt Patch on Rte 30. Prices are good and lots to buy.
We got to go to Weavers and Zooks a couple of years ago- they are incredible!!! We took a trip with a bunch of quilters up and down the coast and then went over to Lancaster, all in ten days, whew!
Old 04-14-2011, 01:14 PM

Make sure to tell us of your finds!

Linda
Old 04-14-2011, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by IrishNY
Originally Posted by joysewer
Has anyone been to Obie's? Fabric from floor to ceiling! It is right down the road from Shady Maple.
I have been to Obie's. You aren't kidding that it's floor to ceiling. You can't see half the fabric because there is so much piled in front of it and you can't get most of the rest out because there is so much plied on top of it.

I don't know how they stand to work there - it's claustrophobic!
It's like a death trap in there!!! What if one of those piles fell on someone?!! I'm surprised they are allowed to keep it like that.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Fabaddict
There is also Bitty Kinna's a couple doors down from Old Country Store - she is very nice, had a good selection, and good prices.
Bitty Kinna's is great as well. Went there last year the day after she opened. She heard us outside - on the Sun. no less; the only shop open on Sun. there - and ran downstairs to open up for us. What a great shop. And a wonderful shop owner as well. Have been there a few times now and it only gets better.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by IrishNY
Originally Posted by joysewer
Has anyone been to Obie's? Fabric from floor to ceiling! It is right down the road from Shady Maple.
I have been to Obie's. You aren't kidding that it's floor to ceiling. You can't see half the fabric because there is so much piled in front of it and you can't get most of the rest out because there is so much plied on top of it.

I don't know how they stand to work there - it's claustrophobic!
I'll definitely have to find this shop my next trip. I'll probably get claustrophobic myself but it sounds like fun.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:32 PM

If you're at Dutchland Quilt Patch (on Rte 30 East, next to a big windmill) and it's mealtime, eat at Diener's. The buffet is wonderful and reasonable, not one of the big tourist bus restaurants. Lots of locals eat there.

Lancaster and surrounding areas are wonderful. Enjoy!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 03:33 PM

Well I am back, and can I tell you, I have never seen so much fabric in my life. What a wonderful day! Everything was perfect....Went to Kettle Kitchen for lunch,yummy! Hubby is such a sweetheart, he just tags along with me.....I will be going back soon, to actually shop for projects, this was like a trial run....... Just so overwhelming!!!!!!! I know what I want the next time I go......For now it was just a great experience to find these shops. Thanks so much for all the info........Michele
Old 04-14-2011, 04:29 PM

I live here in Lancaster and every now and then I hear about a new shop that I didn't know about, so post your travels!! Have a great time.
There is also the Piece by Piece in Ephrata on State Street, and the last time I was in Quarryville Good's Store had flat fold fabric for $2.79 a yard plus much more fabric.
Have fun!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 06:08 PM

You'll find some good bargains at Goods...I did.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:21 PM

If you go to Burkholder's in Denver, Pa. They will give you 15% if you show them your guild membership card!