William and Cate

Old 04-29-2011, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by sandilee
It wouldn't suprise me if they have another announcement to make within the next year!
Can you imagine how pretty their babies will be?!
Old 04-30-2011, 03:54 AM

4th degree Knights of Columbus, a Catholic organization, wear swords when they are in their dress uniforms.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:04 AM
Power Poster

I absolutely loved it from start to finish. When Wills and Harry walked in I got teary thinking of their beautiful mother. Harry does have mischief written all over him but during the ceremony while the priest was talking he looked pensive, almost sad. I thought maybe he was thinking of his Mum, who knows. I have always loved those boys!!
William and Kate were fabulous in every way!!
What a wonderful piece of history we all had the chance to watch!!!
I heard on the news that Beatrice and Eugenie were sending a message b/c their Mum,Sarah Ferguson wasn't invited. Maybe just gossip, like so much of what we hear. They're young girls, I thought it was funny :)
I want to thank all my British friends for answering questions I wanted to ask.
I have one more though- do you think Kate will be as pressured by the media as Diana was??? I sure hope not.
Please only answer this if you are British! lol
A joyous occasion that I won't forget :D:D
Old 04-30-2011, 04:07 AM

I think the loopy hats are a hoot - probably the only time the girls can poke fun at all of the stuffiness. I attended a Garden Party at Clarence House once, and we were given a book on how we were to behave, dress, curtsy and even what to wear. They no doubt thought that we 'Colonials' would not know how to behave....(There were a few who deliberately didn't wear ties to that one, either).
I enjoyed watching the wedding as everyone appeared much more relaxed than they were in previous times.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
This MAY be a stupid question, but what is everyone's last name?? Like William.............what? Harry.............what? Charles...............what?, etc, etc. Do they give up their last name when they become Royals??
The Royal family changed the name from the German,"Battenberg" because of anti German feeling (remember the two wars?) - to Mountbatten and the name used is "Windsor". No need to use surnames when everyone knows who your family is.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:51 AM

The Brits have so many traditions that we americans never will understand! This am on a morning show the "fashion editor" for Harper's really panned Kate's dress. I thought-get a life!! I was at a wedding in a little village in England and it was something I will never forget. Can you imagine a gala event like this taking place in the US?
Old 04-30-2011, 05:07 AM

The Queen felt it was improper to marry a divorced person, thus she pushed for a very young girl to marry her son. A lot of heart ache could have been saved, had he married Camilla and gave up the throne.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Barbshobbies
The Queen felt it was improper to marry a divorced person, thus she pushed for a very young girl to marry her son. A lot of heart ache could have been saved, had he married Camilla and gave up the throne.
Camilla wasn't married when she first met Charles, but she did have a "past". Charles also didn't exactly go out of his way to try to marry her at the time. He was having too much fun working his way through a wide variety of both single and married ladies of the aristocracy, so I have little sympathy for the situation he found himself in. I am just sorry that Diana had to suffer so as a result of his actions.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by AFQSinc
Originally Posted by Raphael48
William, Harry and Charles use the last name of Wales. The rest of the Royal family are Windsors. Charles and his sons use Wales because Charles is the Prince of Wales.
I thought that their actual surname is Mountbatten-Windsor.
You're right that is thier real last name,saw it on a trivia section about the wedding
Old 04-30-2011, 05:39 AM

I stayed up all night to watch it. I was afraid that, if I went to bed, I wouldn't want to get up that early. It was simply beautiful. Kate was so radiant. They just looked "in love". Hope their marriage turns out better than his parents'. I think that lady in the royal dress and hat that went straight up and down was one of Harry's old girlfriends.