Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I could make more quilts if... >

I could make more quilts if...

I could make more quilts if...

Old 07-02-2011, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by dallen4350
I realized today, as I was cleaning the house, that I could make more quilts if I didn't clean, cook, do laundry, make the bed, take a shower, or go on-line to check the QB.

Some days there just isn't enough time.
I agree....some days there isn't enought time for me!
Old 07-02-2011, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by dallen4350
I realized today, as I was cleaning the house, that I could make more quilts if I didn't clean, cook, do laundry, make the bed, take a shower, or go on-line to check the QB.

Some days there just isn't enough time.
Are you really supposed to clean, cook, do laundry etc. I put all that on the back burner. I just overlook all that stuff except check the QB....my house is a mess, I'm going to get a cleaning lady, but then I'll have or pick up so she can clean....hmmm is it worth it. LOL
Old 07-02-2011, 11:51 AM

same here and I am kinda retired, had more time when the kids still lived her and now time is just running away.Guess is time to catch it. lol
Old 07-02-2011, 12:04 PM

[quote=fishnlady]It is so frustrating to start some work in my sewing room then DH wants this or that, or the phone rings or its time to cook, or do my daily visit to Grandpa at the nursing home. Or the door bell rings and its my never stop talking older gentleman neighbor. Why is it that as soon as you sit down to work on something in the sewing room this stuff starts happening. GRRRRR

That is what happens to me! My DH did just fine on his own while I was working, but now that I'm retired, he thinks he has an extra hand. There are days when I think he has just planned the whole day for me, LOL!
Old 07-02-2011, 01:09 PM

bummer, working full time, taking care of my parents in my home, cleaning after them (mom can barely breathe, dad can't see very well- in their mid 80s), cooking for them, caring for pets, dragging mom around on her seated walker, fetching things for her, setting up meds, shopping for groceries,... all seems to go before quilting. but quilting is therapy even if i don't have the luxury of doing as much of it as i would like.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:32 PM

My father always told my mother..."Come on, Mrs. Lunsford--this house will be here when you're dead and gone." I guess I listened one too many times! Ladybug June
Old 07-02-2011, 01:47 PM

My husband always calls up the stairs, "hon, can I get you anything"? My response is always "time".
Old 07-02-2011, 02:13 PM

Boy, can I relate to that! But you know some days you just don't have the energy or desire to stand in front of a table and cut or sit at a machine and sew. Just too much thinking involved. But you want to be in "the quilting zone". Those are the times when it's nice to read a quilt magazine or sit reading on the board and live through someone else's energy. You still have the vibes going without all the work. Kind of 'just chillin' -- a good thing once in a while.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:15 PM

I spent last week cleaning the house (have been having back problems so I had to rest alot between rooms), so this coming week is my sewing time all week long. My plans are for my husband to do the cooking, but he doesn't know it yet.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:53 PM

I could do more if I could machine quilt or had a LA. I would also love to give up my day job!