Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Another vote: I need to know which of these runners I should make more of. >
  • Another vote: I need to know which of these runners I should make more of.

• Another vote: I need to know which of these runners I should make more of.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:53 AM

I'm no help. I would consider buying both of them. What are you charging for them? You do beautiful watercolor projects.
    Old 07-06-2011, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by np3
    I love them both and would be interested in buying both. I think the thing that stops a buyer quickest is the size. Not everyone has room for a long runner. Have you considered making them in different sizes? Like a tabletop instead of a runner? Works well with a round table. Also would give you another price point. Just thinking out loud...
    I have!! I'd be easy to make the log cabins in either four block, eight, or 12 block. No big deal. I didn't know which size would be best. The bargellos are made in two sizes--short and long. One is exactly half of the others.

After the 12 block--which size would be next used? Eight?
    Old 07-06-2011, 09:57 AM
    Power Poster

They are both very pretty
    Old 07-06-2011, 10:01 AM
    np3
    Power Poster

How big is the Log Cabin block? I like to use about 14 inches across for my smaller table tops up to 24 inches across. So it would depend on your block size. How about using just one log cabin block with extra borders?
    Old 07-06-2011, 10:09 AM

I've been PMing prices--but I'll put them here. It always makes me nervous to think of all the potential eye rolling. :lol:

Log cabins: $75 ($25 a four set--that is not much when one considers there are 15 tiny pieces in each block)

Bargello $60

The four block log cabin is 12" square... so with borders that could be offered in a variety of sizes. I only have so much time...so I wanted to make what I hoped would sell/be most popular.
    Old 07-06-2011, 10:14 AM
    np3
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by barnbum
    I've been PMing prices--but I'll put them here. It always makes me nervous to think of all the potential eye rolling. :lol:

Log cabins: $75 ($25 a four set--that is not much when one considers there are 15 tiny pieces in each block)

Bargello $60

The four block log cabin is 12" square... so with borders that could be offered in a variety of sizes. I only have so much time...so I wanted to make what I hoped would sell/be most popular.
    I have done a lot of craft shows in my lifetime. I have learned that you need to have more variety in sizes and less quantity of one size. You devalue your work with a high volume of one thing. If you have a lot of one thing, only put out a few and replace them as they sell.

Your prices are in line with your supplies and time. Eyes will roll when they don't understand that. I used to think quilt prices were ridiculous until I made my first one. Anyway, that is my experience for what it is worth. I hope you do great!.
    Old 07-06-2011, 10:15 AM

Both are gorgeous but since I love bargellos, my vote goes to #2
    Old 07-06-2011, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by np3
    Originally Posted by barnbum

Bargello $60

I have done a lot of craft shows in my lifetime. I have learned that you need to have more variety in sizes and less quantity of one size. You devalue your work with a high volume of one thing. If you have a lot of one thing, only put out a few and replace them as they sell.

Your prices are in line with your supplies and time. Eyes will roll when they don't understand that. I used to think quilt prices were ridiculous until I made my first one. Anyway, that is my experience for what it is worth. I hope you do great!.
    Thank you!! You've given me much to consider. I have very little experience with shows, so am eager for any advice I can get. I will add smaller log cabin toppers! :thumbup:
    Old 07-06-2011, 10:20 AM

I would be more inclined to buy the bargello I think. But I also like the log cabin, just would prefer different colors than the one you have shown.

Good luck with you sale.
    Old 07-06-2011, 10:25 AM

I love the Bargello!