Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
These two fabrics make me dizzy >

These two fabrics make me dizzy

These two fabrics make me dizzy

Old 08-07-2011, 05:29 AM

Give him a permenant marker and tell him "It's going to be a "Connect the Dot" pattern.When he has finished connecting the dots, THEN you will be able to cut it out & start piecing it." Maybe by the time he is finished, he will have changed his mind. LOL
Old 08-07-2011, 05:39 AM

Fabrics are great take a motion sickness pill lol
Old 08-07-2011, 05:58 AM

I think i've used both those fabrics for a quilt! A friend's daughter used black and white fabrics as overlays when she married. Way too much fabric to waste (after the wedding) so I decided to make them a quilt. Divided fabrics into light/dark stacks. Cut large squares, which i cut diagonally into 4 pieces. Add a thin strip of red and rejoined the blocks. Still seemed too busy so I added red sashing, finishing it with black and white borders and red binding. It does drive your eyes nutty so use your camera to help with color values. Very pleased when it was finally done! And they have a wedding memory quilt. Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-237742.jpe  
Old 08-07-2011, 06:19 AM

they would definitely make the quilt pop and black and white gives the eyes something to rest on. I agree with some of the others, if you cut these up or makes strip out of them I think they will hurt alot less. If you brought in possible different shades of gray as your main fabric and use these as accents, it may work also. :lol:
Old 08-07-2011, 06:19 AM

Have a quilting buddy make the blocks that use these two fabrics--hopefully they are in only a few blocks. Also, if you have already pressed the fabric, you could have someone cut it and then you would be working with the 'wrong' side and it might not be as big a problem.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:20 AM

Awesome, I made a black/white and red accent quilt for my daughter. She loved it!
Old 08-07-2011, 06:26 AM

Well, don't drink while quilting, the dizzyness may be intense. I know we quilt to please others when we give them the choice of fabrics but those will be hard to handle till the pices are smaller. Will be waiting for the finish quilt.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:26 AM

When you get it cut into little pieces, it should be ok.
IdahoSandy
Old 08-07-2011, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by psquared52
I think i've used both those fabrics for a quilt! A friend's daughter used black and white fabrics as overlays when she married. Way too much fabric to waste (after the wedding) so I decided to make them a quilt. Divided fabrics into light/dark stacks. Cut large squares, which i cut diagonally into 4 pieces. Add a thin strip of red and rejoined the blocks. Still seemed too busy so I added red sashing, finishing it with black and white borders and red binding. It does drive your eyes nutty so use your camera to help with color values. Very pleased when it was finally done! And they have a wedding memory quilt. Hope this helps!
Your quilt is so pretty. I like the red lines. Thanks
Old 08-07-2011, 07:11 AM

The back side for ironing and cutting would be my sugestion. I have problems with some colors like these or
strips, making me dizzy or sick to my stomach .Some fabric has an odor that I have problems with even after washing them.