Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
wide ironing board at Wal-Mart >

wide ironing board at Wal-Mart

wide ironing board at Wal-Mart

Old 08-20-2011, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Dina
Craftybear just sent me the Wal-Mart site that has a picture of it.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Whitney-De...-Board/7942561

It is the one that says $39.97 (or some number close to that). I read the information there, and now I know I can rest my iron on it, even when it is hot. Not sure I will be able to let myself do that though...
Yes, that is the exact one I purchased at Walmart a few months ago. It is great. It has nice padding also. :-D
Old 08-20-2011, 08:03 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Juliebelle
I have that board and I love it Have had it for over a year and no problems at all.
Looked on site and it looks like something I could use. My question is how is it stored? Does the iron rest come off? Can this board be stored upright. I have to put my board away and it goes in the closet. Will that work with this board? Thanks for your help. BrendaK
Old 08-20-2011, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmouse
Originally Posted by shnnn
sure beats the welder I got for my birthday one year :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
...........Z OMG....... :roll:
Old 08-20-2011, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by jansquiltn
OK. So today I'm now heading to the quilt store for the stitch in the ditch sole plate for my Bernina walking foot, the thrift store to look at the two sewing machines in cabinets, and now the walmart to look at Ironing boards. Maybe I can fit time in to grocery shop.
WHY ! there must be a resturant somewhere ! and walmart has those roasted chickens if there is not.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:25 AM

i bought that same board and love it
Old 08-20-2011, 09:29 AM

Yes, it can be stored just like a regular ironing board. I just crawled under mine, trying to decide if the iron holder can come off. It doesn't look like it would come off easily, but I didn't mess with mine much, since I want it to stay on. When the ironing board folds, it rests on this stand...it is just like an extension of the board.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:30 AM

I was surprised yesterday to see a wide ironing board at Wal-Mart. I came home and measured, and I had room for it, so I bought it today. It is 18 inches wide by 49 inches long. Then there is a 6 1/2 metal addition to the length of the ironing board to sit your iron on. There is also a shelf type thing under the board, which I thought I wouldn't want, but now that I have it up, it looks pretty useful.

I am one very pleased quilter. My sister has one of these, and I have looked online at them, but there was one at Wal-Mart...for $39. It fits in the same place my old ironing board did. Now I can't wait to iron, when normally I dread it!!
I also purchased this one a while back, love it, so great for quilt tops.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:44 AM

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Canopy-Wid...d-Pad/17243979

I searched and this is the ironing board cover that fits the big board ironing machine I bought. It doesn't have a price (or picture!!), but I will look and see if my Wal-Mart has one and let folks know the price. I won't go until Monday though. This is "taxs free on school supplies" weekend here in TX. I stay away from all stores this weekend....too crowded and crazy.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:49 AM

I recently bought one at my local WalMart and use it for my "bigger" ironing items. I use my little Rowenta on a table next to my sewing machine for piecing. I love the big one and one of the ladies at our LQS, her husband is now making the flat rectangle covered board that fits on top of the ironing board. I use that for the finished tops. What a great hobby-passion-luv-obsession-mental illness.....LOL
Old 08-20-2011, 10:02 AM

Hmmmm, that makes it look like it isn't available in the stores, but, I promise, I just bought mine at Wal-Mart today.
order it to have it shipped to your store...no shipping...easy peasy!