Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New twisters? >

New twisters?

New twisters?

Old 08-30-2011, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE
Originally Posted by klgreene
Originally Posted by marymm
Katie, You've really been busy! I'm wondering if the number of blocks in the Christmas tree could be reduced.
Sure, just don't put as many rows. I have no idea what size template was used on the pattern that was on one of the posts. I like my wreaths fuller than the simple ones, so I added blocks. But I didn't want a large wall hanging. So I use a 2 1/2" template. And that is what I'll use on the tree if I make it. This pattern has 11 rows of the tree before the stem, you could only do 7 or 8 rows. What size template are you planning on using?
Care to share some of your layouts that you have developed? I'm one who likes to go rogue from the standard printed patterns too!
Here are a couple pictures I could find. All of them were before finishing but I have pictures everywhere on this computer.
The first picture is the fuller wreath, the second picture is actually my first lil twister. When I saw one on QB I had to do one that night, and that's why I made my own template, also I didn't want larger than what I made. Then after making more wreath's for Christmas presents, I decided to see what I could do with a 1 1/2" template. Didnt want another wreath, had done enough of those. I also made a wreath for summer.
Someone on here did a heart, which if you look under search for little twister or heart twister, you might find it. I haven't designed anything special, the mini, was just two colors, just wanted to play.

Oh shoot my pictures didn't come thru. I'll try again and they may not be in the order I've described..... :oops:
Old 08-30-2011, 04:14 PM
Jim

[quote=marymm]Just found that Stephany Ivers designed patterns for JOY and for flag. http://gatheringroomquiltshop.com/id70.html Patterns are available at this site--probably the ones you bought, Jim, since I notice the Gathering Room is in Kentucky. So many creative people in this world![/quote

Marymm....thats exactly who I bought mine from..it was a Quilters Day Out Show in Louisville...they are very nice at Gathering Room Quilt Shop...I bought all the fabrics to do the flag but still havent gotten to it
Old 08-30-2011, 04:24 PM

Here I found some, I really have to go through my pictures and organize them. I had two different camera, and I think I take a picture at least once a day.....

Mini using 1 1/2 template
[ATTACH=CONFIG]249279[/ATTACH]

fuller Wreath 2 1/2 template
[ATTACH=CONFIG]249280[/ATTACH]

First lil twister.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]249281[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-249273.jpe   attachment-249274.jpe   attachment-249275.jpe  
Old 08-30-2011, 04:50 PM

I BOUGHT MINE 3-1/2" TEMPLATE AND BOOK FROM QUILT IN A DAY. NOW THEY ONLY LIST THE 10"
Old 08-30-2011, 04:51 PM

I will try the smaller tree. I love the mini red and white---with the red floating. I want to try that, too! First, however, I need to get some of mine quilted and bound! They are stacking up.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:56 PM

Oh I have a bunch of stuff to finsih. I'm learning to FMQ which is another reason I like to make little things. If it really turns out bad I can toss it. But I haven't done that yet. I'm keeping them as "this was in the beginning, look how far I'm come" LOL
Old 08-30-2011, 04:57 PM
BMP

Originally Posted by marymm
I will try the smaller tree. I love the mini red and white---with the red floating. I want to try that, too! First, however, I need to get some of mine quilted and bound! They are stacking up.
Do you have the tree layout worked out yet, I am hoping to get one done tomorrow if time allows...
Old 08-30-2011, 06:25 PM

Not yet, Bonnie. I tried with graph paper and it looks too short and fat. I'll try again tomorrow morning! (But first I have a friend coming over to give me some machine quilting tips.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:36 PM

Has anyone see the Ity Bity Twister? You start off with 2" blocks and they finish at 1". I made the Twister, the Little one and the Ity Bity . They are very addictive. I would like to make the Christmas tree and the heart.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:51 PM

I saw on line somewhere that there is a second Let's Twist book out. I have the first book, but haven't seen the second one in the stores yet. Will keep looking for it. I love the Christmas tree and will try drawing it out myself. Would like to make it wall hanging size though, not lap size.