Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WOW....FOR WALMART FABRIC!!! >

WOW....FOR WALMART FABRIC!!!

WOW....FOR WALMART FABRIC!!!

Old 09-03-2011, 07:19 AM

My husband works in the garden center and has talked with the manager quite often about how his wife(me!) has missed the fabric dept along with alot of her friends. The manager told Jim that those stores that recieved the most complaints when the fabric was taken out will be the ones most likely to get fabric back in the store.
For those of you whose stores aren't showing any signs of getting the fabric back, talk with the manager; our store is taking a little longer to get the fabric back. The manager told Jim in Sept they would be putting the fabric dept back in. So there's still a chance for you too!
I think this proves "money still talks" and Walmart was hurt in the pocketbook when we no longer had the fabric depts. Chris
Old 09-03-2011, 07:26 AM

I'm so bummed that our Walmart isn't one of the ones to get fabric back. Yes, I do call a lot and request it, but no...they gotta keep their expanded car department. I can see the batteries and the oil, but seriously, do they really need five aisles of steering wheel covers and air fresheners???
Old 09-03-2011, 08:05 AM

I'm disappointed in our Walmart. Two short rows of fabric and tons of precuts. Some of the fabric is not great (especially the precuts), as it looks like stiffened large weave thin cheesecloth. Sad. If the company cuts corners and offers fabric of cheap quality, then they might as well not carry fabric at all - I will not buy it and end up with a cheap inferior quilt that I've spent my time to make.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:08 AM

Mine has racks to put in a lot of patterns (still empty right now) so I'm hoping that lots of patterns mean lots of different fabrics. I talked to one of the clerks there and she said there were lots of annoyed people when they discontinued fabric so she knew they were bringing it back, but not how big the department would be.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:10 AM
Power Poster

Oh bleh ours is totally understocked with just junk and the other one close by has precuts only.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:16 AM

I such hope the Walmarts in central California get fabric! I am kind of tired of Joanns...............
Old 09-03-2011, 08:20 AM

They took the "fabric" department out of our Walmart and now have pre cut 2 yard packets. I was in there on Friday and all the fabric feels like burlap. It's just awful. I didn't even check the prices because I would never buy it. What they use to have was much better. I will have to check the other Walmarts in the area to see what they have.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:21 AM

I'll have to check out our local WalMart!--
(another excuse to buy fabric :mrgreen: )
Old 09-03-2011, 08:26 AM

The walmart in Bristol, VA never did get rid of their fabric. Their manager has not been supporive of the fabric department (No idea that people still quilt) but he has learned. They are adding more fabric all along. The one in Bristol, TN is remodeling to add their fabric department back. Isn't it great when David wins over Goliath every once in a while?!!!
Old 09-03-2011, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Lady Crafter
Sure hope our Walmart gets with the program. They only have a sampling of fabric now. :-(
Ours too, although they have widened the aisle and added fat quarters. That is about the biggest change so far. The woman working in the dept told me they are suppose to be bringing fabric back, the whole back wall, and middle of the aisle. Suppose to be end of this year, early next