Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Could be a problem >

Could be a problem

Could be a problem

Old 10-15-2011, 03:02 AM

Great!!! She will be branching out into other projects for sure if the bug bit her good. And only 12. The sky is the limit for her....... You are blessed!!!! :thumbup:
Old 10-15-2011, 03:17 AM

MY grandniece began sewing here at my home this summer. This was major danger for my stash. Since school started I have begun going to her home for the lessons. Now my stash is safe...She now proudly has begun her own stash. Your DD looks like she is proud enough to burst!
Old 10-15-2011, 03:24 AM
Ed

She bib a nice job on her bag. Good luck on keeping your stash.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by sparkys_mom
All of the above - but I'd say you and your stash are in trouble. :)
agreed... :XD:

She is very cute and did a great job on the bag. She will need a job soon to help replenish the stash :)
Old 10-15-2011, 03:52 AM

Wish I had a daughter to share with! Tried with oldest GD but she has now turned to cheerleading!
Old 10-15-2011, 03:55 AM

that is so great to have your daughter sew with you....wish mine did!
Old 10-15-2011, 03:58 AM

I understand completely. Went to MN this summer to visit inlaws. Met my great niece and a quilter was born. I even got my sister in law bitten by the bug.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:02 AM

my daughter recieved her first SINGER sewing machine from santa at age four and nine months, went straight to where the fabric she wanted (yes, in what was my stash) was stored and had a doll bed pillow case made and the sheet cut out and ready for hemming before breakfast. That was more than fifty years ago and we have basically shared fabric all these years. Fortunatly she has always lived close, and now we go on quilt runs together and she drives.

Sharing stash is a good thing!!!
Old 10-15-2011, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Plumtree
Not are really huge problem but a problem just the same. My fabric stash is in real danger.

My 12 yo daughter has been bit by the quilting bug and is actually using fabric from my stash. She actually made me cut up some of my prettys so she could make bags. She started sewing in August and now asks only a weekly basis to go to LQS or just goes down and picks which ones she wants to use for her current bag project. :shock:

How does a house deal with 2 fabricholics? I'm not sure my budget will like it, I know its not the end of the world but she wants me to cut my fabric.

Seriously, her bags are great and she is going to be starting her first lap quilt today.
You know, I have a solution to the problem. I could adopt your DD! She could share my stash and it would be years before we got to the end of it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, isn't it wonderful to have a daughter who shares your passion? I am sure you enjoy her. She did a wonderful job on the bag.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:35 AM

You are sooo lucky be happy that she is so much like you, what a wonderful thing to have found something you are both interested in , you will never be lonely for some to understand and enjoy you hobby with that will last throughout your lives and you have started a new generation to carry on. You could give her your scrap and let her create. Her bags are darling