Target commercials

Old 11-28-2011, 06:25 AM

The Target lady needs to lay off the caffeine! She is beyond annoying! And the commercial for Kohl's that played last week to the tune of It's Friday? That one actually got me angry. I cannot believe that an ad agency was responsible for seemingly approving rudeness and the kind of behavior that resulted in so many of the issues that happened this weekend! Because of her, I'm NOT willingly shopping at Kohl's this year at all and I honestly think I'm going to let them know that.

Favorite commercials? I really don't have any. Most of them annoy me they are so unrealistic. I do like the Bud ones, because in reality they aren't selling beer, but goodwill. I also like the Maxwell House ones - the old one where the son comes home from college and surprises his family and the new incarnation of it.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mary O View Post
Most of the commercials get tuned out by me but my favorite one now is the blond lady,red suit,who gets all geared up for the sales and the new one where she records into the greeting cards at the store.Aflac ones are funny too but I think Flo with that Progressive Ins.has to go.Bump hair do? Some of these are better than the reality shows we now have......Just wondering if anyone has favorites..........
To be honest, commercial time is usually when I run to put a load of laundry in the dryer and start another in the washer. I also do dishes this way -- in shifts. It'a amazing how much housework (and exercise ) ) one can get into the time slot of a commercial. They are getting longer and longer. I mostly watch movies so the commercials are not a closely spaced. Perhaps that is why they are longer. When I'm sewing, my TV is at my back, so I mostly listen unless I have ripping to do.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
i really don't like the Target lady. Flo is kitchie.
I agree I do not like the Target woman, but we are talking about her so I guess the AD agency would call that a good thing. But that is what advertising is all about, it catches some people and others not so much.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Airwick156 View Post
My favorite commercial is a jerky commercial where the big foot is laying on the rocks and he ends up grabbing the man and skipping him across the water. Makes me and my husband LAUGH every single time. Can't remember what the jerky company's name is right off hand.
YouTube has all the commercials what fun romp to watch Big Foot get agitated and seek revenge! Just search "Messin' with Sasquatch" on YouTube and you'll get all the commercials.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:58 AM

OMG!!!! I love those Target commercials too!! That lady just cracks me up. Have you seen the one where she is recording songs into the cards!! She is just too funny.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:35 AM

I mute them all, they are all so loud and annoying.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mary O View Post
Most of the commercials get tuned out by me but my favorite one now is the blond lady,red suit,who gets all geared up for the sales and the new one where she records into the greeting cards at the store.Aflac ones are funny too but I think Flo with that Progressive Ins.has to go.Bump hair do? Some of these are better than the reality shows we now have......Just wondering if anyone has favorites..........
Isn't that gal in the Target commercials a kick in the pants?!! She is so incredibly goofy and annoying that I just have to laugh every time I see her....especially the one where she records all those greeting cards and walks away with this "proud of herself" look on her face. Right now, that is one of my fav commercials.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:11 PM

E-trade baby is my favorite of all time. I even You-Tube him.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:21 PM

Our favorite is the one, such a great commercial I never noticed the company, where he's a GPS who's directing a man to the destination. When he yells "recalculating" it breaks us up because we've been there with our GPS and it's barking directions.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:45 PM

I laugh out loud every time the Target ad comes on.