Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Curve Master presser foot-best thing since sliced bread!! >

Curve Master presser foot-best thing since sliced bread!!

Curve Master presser foot-best thing since sliced bread!!

Old 07-05-2012, 02:13 PM

Thank you very much for this information... * I will check out Nancy's Notions...
Right after I check that I do not have one --- I am thinking I have an adapter foot in my Bernina case..huh

Judy in Phx, AZ

Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
I got a Bernina shank adapter from Nancy's Notions when I bought my "Creative Feet" (Pearls&Piping and Sequins&Ribbon). It works for the Curve Master too, but I haven't had the need to use that one yet.

Last edited by judy363905; 07-05-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:44 PM

Thank you for posting this!! Never knew this foot existed. I have always wanted to do a Winding Ways quilt; have the templates, have even cut out and pieced one block. And that's where it ended, I never got past that. Block was surprisingly decent, but A LOT of time. I see this particular foot in my future!
Old 07-06-2012, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by mme3924 View Post
I just ordered one from there, too. Amazon and Wal-Mart get most of my money! ;-)

My next project...or the one after that .....is a Winding Ways quilt (I think that's the name) and this foot should help, right?
i think so. Take a peek at post #24 on this thread. It's such a beautiful Winding Ways quilt. Looks great!

Jitkaau- A wooden roller came with yours? Hmmm...what does that do? Didn't see that mentioned anywhere else.

BuzzinBumble-the quote is one I remember in tough situations. It quickly gets me working to solve anything!

Morag-Did you find the foot? Several addresses are posted on this thread.

Hope this foot works as well for all of you! I'm just happy as a clam that I can move forward on the double wedding ring without all the pinning!! YAY!
Old 07-06-2012, 08:46 PM

WOW! That Winding Ways quilt is GORGEOUS!

I thought there was an adapter for Berninas, but I wasn't positive - glad to hear that Bernina users aren't left out.

I first started using Elisa's Back Porch designs method. I used a short-toe vintage quilting foot and it worked out fine. But the CurveMaster cut down the time I spent on each block to a HUGE degree - AND I got more accurate blocks - either of which would be cool, but together, the two points add up to "da bomb!"
Old 07-07-2012, 05:46 AM

I've seen this in use at a quilt show, wish I had purchased it - I have a Viking Designer SE - anyone tried it out for the Viking?
Thanks for sharing your experience, it's very useful!
Old 07-10-2012, 03:41 PM

I've been researching the curve master and today I got one. It's made a huge difference to my accuracy with drunkard's path blocks. The only problem I've had is holding the ends with tweezers and feeding it through the gap by the side of the needle because I'm left handed and it's awkward. But even so, it's going to save me lots of time.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:54 AM

If you have a stiletto, you can use it for the same purpose as the tweezers - to pull that last half-inch around to remain in contact with the quarter-inch "fence."

I don't use the tweezers any more - they're just kind of in the way even if you're right handed.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:21 AM

Yesterday I tried out my Curve Master for the first time (it's been sitting in its original box since I got it at a quilt show last spring). I am making Rob Peter to Pay Paul blocks (cut with the Accuquilt Go!). On my Janome 6600, the seam was coming out a lot less than 1/4", although that doesn't seem to be a huge problem (still irons flat, and I trim the block). Maybe I need to keep moving the needle to the left, but I'm wondering if I'm using the wrong guide for the edge of the fabric.

I really couldn't see what the difference is with the Curve Master foot...except that it has a short toe (?) in front of the needle so you can guide the upper fabric at a greater angle? Does that sound right? Anyway, I tried using my normal open toe foot (good visibility) and seemed to get the same results. As in the other video mentioned...

Am I missing something? I still have LOTS of blocks to do :-)
Old 10-18-2012, 04:05 PM

Newest Nana, I'm not an expert at using this foot, but if you can move your needle, go for it. I practiced on old fabric until I got something I could work with on the DWR. The directions aren't extensive...my DH (today he is anyway!) and I watched the tutes on the internet several times and then played until I got it right. Wish i lived closer, so I could come play. Rob Peter to pay Paul is quite a quilt to make! My great grama made one for me, but it's hand pieced and quilted. Sometimes I think that would be easier. Let us know how it goes.