Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice >

2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice

2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice

Old 11-05-2013, 11:35 AM

I've been wanting to do one of Bonnie's mysteries and I think you all have convinced me to jump in and join the fun. I love the autumn colors-off to my stash!
Old 11-05-2013, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter View Post
Bonnie recommends the easy angle ruler and Tri Recs tools. Do you have them? Are they worth getting?

Also, does anyone know if her mysteries tend to lend themselves to 2.5 inch squares? I have about a zillion of those!
I have the tri-recs ruler and for me it was worth getting.

Bonnie uses lots of 2-1/2 inch squares but it's anybody's guess what she'll do with this particular quilt. You can go to here website and find lots of patterns to use your squares if they can't go into this one.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:01 PM

Loving it ql just loving it.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:02 PM

I live in Camarillo too. very small world and several other board folks are also from this area.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
Belfy - I really like that orange-red color with the others. Good choice!
I too love your choice of colors.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:17 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
Kalama - since you started this thread, why don't you check with Patrice about having it moved? This is definitely not the place for it especially once we start getting the actual weekly instructions.
Seems this is a resource thread, seems the right place to me.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:43 PM

Hey girls! Great to see repeats from the Easy Street thread. ES still needs binding...would love to make that happen before we start this one.

The recommended colors are not my favorite but I'd rather blame Bonnie for poor color choice rather than me.

I am going with Civil War Celtic Solstice; Bonnie's colors in yummy civil war greens, blues, golds and cheddar! I can't wait. I'll post a pic of my colors soon.

Last edited by Fraew; 11-06-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Fraew View Post
I am going with Civil War Celtic Solstice; Bonnie's colors in yummy civil war greens, blues, golds and cheddar! I can't wait. I'll post a pic of my colors soon.
This was my first thought but not enough in my stash. But a gal in my guild told me at a guild function if I really want to do Civil War come over to her house she just finished some quilt tops that were Civil War and she has plenty of scraps. May take her up on that but if not... I have sorted and have off white, red, yellow, blue, green to work with I do have a Triple Irish Chain on my king size bed in blue, red and yellow now so not sure if I want to go this way. But I am sticking to the smaller size no matter what colors choices I end up with.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Fraew View Post
Hey girls! Great to see repeats from the Easy Street thread. ES still needs binding...would love to make that happen before we start this one.

The recommended colors are not my favorite but I'd rather blame Bonnie for poor color choice rather than me.

Yes Fraew - good to see you here! My Easy Street was finished (the flimsy) in late January, but it is still sitting in it's box waiting to be sandwiched and quilted. I just finished quilting Orca Bay from year before last, just have to bind it! I can get them put together, but have a time getting them back out and finished.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:19 AM

I'm so glad Fraew sent me the link to this thread. I had a great time doing Easy Street. I'm going to try to get its borders on before our first clue here. I think I'll be sticking with Bonnie's colors. My son loves orange and his birthday is in February. If I can keep up with the clues maybe I'll have it done for that???