Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • lost books >
  • lost books

• lost books

Old 06-03-2014, 05:29 AM

I have this VERY SAFE PLACE at my house - where I put very special things.....and it is so safe that items placed there are not seen again.........If I can ever find that safe place, I will have such fun looking at all of the special things I have placed there over the years.......
    Old 06-03-2014, 06:06 AM

Dear St. Anthony, Please come 'round; Something's lost and can't be found!

Works for me.
    Old 06-03-2014, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Shorebird
    I have this VERY SAFE PLACE at my house - where I put very special things.....and it is so safe that items placed there are not seen again.........If I can ever find that safe place, I will have such fun looking at all of the special things I have placed there over the years.......
    Hahah...let me know if you find any of MY stuff there too! LOL
    Old 06-03-2014, 06:11 AM

Boy, do I feel your pain. Whatever it is that I lost (and it happens all the time), will show up right after I bought another one. When I do find it, it is in a place that I already looked for it. By now, I have doubles of a lot of my books. When I die, there are going to be some happy quilters
    Old 06-03-2014, 06:27 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Ahh so the sewing gremlins have found you as well eh ? LOL Never fails, I have something, come back to look for it and its gone. Many times its my DH trying to be kind and organize things for me .. Pffftt stop it !LOL
    Then I buy another and find it --story of my life !LOL
    Old 06-03-2014, 06:32 AM
    Power Poster

Did you by any chance put them with your magazine table in the tv room. Have you checked in the kitchen and maybe put them with your cookbooks. My dear grandmother used to do that since she cooked and sewed in the kitchen. I have a file drawer for manuals for appliances. DH was looking for a manual and found one of my applique books in the drawer file. Is it with your remote? LOL!!
    Old 06-03-2014, 12:23 PM

Several years ago I "lost" my camera. We had been on a trip, so maybe I left it in the motel or at my son's home? One day about six months after I first noticed it missing, I prayed to St. Anthony. Several hours later while walking by an old trunk that still had Christmas stuff laying on top of it, I moved some place mats and....there in the basket I had put received Christmas cards in and had moved from the upstairs to downstairs before putting it away was my camera. So, I think the prayer works or maybe St. Anthony is telling me if I was a better housekeeper, I wouldn't lose things?
    Old 06-03-2014, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by barri1
    I know what they look like one of them is pink, so it would stand out. I have two book cases, and I checked under the bed, as I read in bed. I bought them years ago... Ughhh
    Usually when I lose a book, which I do all the time, I have found that it's never the color I thought it was when I find it. Good luck Barri!
    Old 06-03-2014, 01:52 PM

I, too, have placed things for me to find when I need them or make it easier to find until I need them. Then it's the black hole until I don't need. Thankfully, I usually haven't bought a replacement.

The times it really bugs me is when I buy a book, magazine, or tool that I really like, either online or at a store. and guess what I already had it! Luckily, I haven't done it for a while.
    Old 06-03-2014, 04:30 PM

Did you check behind your nightstands and bureaus? I tend to have so many books on mine, that some just slip off the back and get lost between the nightstand and the wall.

BTW. I had good friends that grew up in Woodmere in the 1960's.

Hope you find the books! Perhaps they are in the same place as the socks that get lost in the dryer??? LOL