Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
dealer machines vs boxed - seepost 55 for mfg response >

dealer machines vs boxed - seepost 55 for mfg response

dealer machines vs boxed - seepost 55 for mfg response

Old 07-09-2014, 08:43 AM

I have recently bought an Elna 860 from a vendor at the Paducah show. He promised me all kinds of assistance after purchase, but I have not called in that marker yet. The dealer is over two hours from my home, so it means a road trip for my husband and myself for me to take advantage of those perks. I have just been too busy to take advantage of his good nature.

My suggestion, if you desperately need a machine like the Juki, since this is the one you have mentioned being interested in, find yourself a vintage Singer (I understand the Juki is SS only with various other little add-ons, like needle up/needle down, very strong motor for heavy work, etc., and use it until you can go to a show which will be demonstrating the Juki, (I saw them at Paducah, but didn't check them out), and buy one at the end of the show. This was my salesperson's reason for giving me about a half-price discount on my Elna--he just didn't want to pack up any more than he had to to bring back to Chattanooga.

And I am inclined to agree with the person who said if you are an experienced sewer/sewist, you won't need a lot of the dealer demonstrations and help; you can read your way through a lot of getting acquainted with a new machine. Good luck, and we look forward to hearing what you decide.....
Old 07-09-2014, 09:33 AM

Just a thought for you about my experience with a local dealer. She sold me my machine, offered free classes that were only available as a group thing, and when I asked her about individual classes because I have learning disabilities, she offered to charge me by the hour! I love my machine, but I got no classes, no instruction, and now that dealer no longer handles the brand I bought, and "will no longer be offering servicing" so I use the local Mr. Fixit for problems, and found a yahoo group for owners of my machine that I can go to with questions. I agree that the money you save buying online will buy lots of fabric and tools to play with.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:36 AM

email juki
Old 07-09-2014, 09:45 AM

I have this same theory for many things and am tending to believe it. Such as John Deere mowers at the big box stores not being as sturdy as the ones from a dealer. I have been hearing this from many sources on many things for some time. Such as things made for Walmart being made specially for them with a lower grade. In fact I heard this just today about outlet stores. They are knock offs and lower grade products not nearly the quality at the Coach stores etc.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:04 AM

Default UPDATE dealer vs bo

here we go. this is the answer from the dealer support i got this morning ~~ thanks again for all your advice. so this is the 'real' story

<tt>Dear Teresa,We only make 1 type TL2010Q machine whether it is sold online or at a dealerstore. The machine is made of metal parts inside. The advantage of buying amachine from a store versus the internet is that you are usually providedwith services such as maintenance, classes or threading and cleaninginstructions and they can answer any other questions you may have. Repairwork if necessary is handled thru the dealer.Machines purchased from the internet offer no service, classes, setupinstructions, etc. The warranty is the same, however any repair work must bedone thru our repair center in Georgia and shipping costs are not includedin the warranty. You would have to pay the shipping to Georgia and we as acourtesy pay the shipping to return the machine to you.The machine can be placed on a Grace frame.Regards,Janet M. MaganaJuki SupportJuki America, Inc.8500 NW 17th Street, Ste. 100Doral, FL 33126Tel: 305-594-0059 x. 115Fax: 305-594-0720www.jukihome.com</tt></pre>

so for all of you who is wondering of the validity of things like that, at least for Juki, THIS is the truth. Blessings!
Old 07-09-2014, 10:08 AM

Thanks for posting that. It's always good to have the real story.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:40 AM

I just bought a Juki TL-2010Q online, from a dealer in California. Got a fabulous deal, LOVE my new machine so much that I'm saving up to get another Juki, one with all the fancy stitches. There is no Juki dealer within miles and miles of me, so the only way I could buy it was online and have it shipped. And the same store I bought it from in California also sells the same machines on Amazon, which is why I don't believe your dealer's story... sorry!

Edited to add: By the way, I was able to buy a "show model" from the dealer. Apparently they were vendors at a show out on the West coast, and were selling off the machines that didn't go at the event. I got a super deal, a new in the box machine with full warranty. So be sure to check out that possibility if you do decide to buy online.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-09-2014 at 02:31 PM. Reason: language
Old 07-09-2014, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by beksclen View Post
I have this same theory for many things and am tending to believe it. Such as John Deere mowers at the big box stores not being as sturdy as the ones from a dealer. I have been hearing this from many sources on many things for some time. Such as things made for Walmart being made specially for them with a lower grade. In fact I heard this just today about outlet stores. They are knock offs and lower grade products not nearly the quality at the Coach stores etc.
Each company does make machines of different quality levels for different retailers, but they do not give the same name to high end vs low end machines. If Joann's has the same machine as Walmart, with the same individual name, (not brand name) then they are the same quality.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:49 AM
ro
Banned

as far as the accu quil i bet the one you bought was less than the one in the shop. and the reason being there were less items included. i know because i did alot of research on it.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by terri bb View Post
here we go. this is the answer from the dealer support i got this morning ~~ thanks again for all your advice. so this is the 'real' story

<tt>Dear Teresa,We only make 1 type TL2010Q machine whether it is sold online or at a dealerstore. The machine is made of metal parts inside. The advantage of buying amachine from a store versus the internet is that you are usually providedwith services such as maintenance, classes or threading and cleaninginstructions and they can answer any other questions you may have. Repairwork if necessary is handled thru the dealer.Machines purchased from the internet offer no service, classes, setupinstructions, etc. The warranty is the same, however any repair work must bedone thru our repair center in Georgia and shipping costs are not includedin the warranty. You would have to pay the shipping to Georgia and we as acourtesy pay the shipping to return the machine to you.The machine can be placed on a Grace frame.Regards,Janet M. MaganaJuki SupportJuki America, Inc.8500 NW 17th Street, Ste. 100Doral, FL 33126Tel: 305-594-0059 x. 115Fax: 305-594-0720www.jukihome.com</tt></pre>

so for all of you who is wondering of the validity of things like that, at least for Juki, THIS is the truth. Blessings!

And being 4 hours away, the dealer is no bargain for the buyer. IMO!