Dead Woman Walking! LOL

Old 10-09-2014, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by calla View Post
Short attention span here,
ROFL!!!!

Calla, you are obviously NOT a "finisher"! LOL
Old 10-09-2014, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by IrishgalfromNJ View Post
pyffer3, I hope you found your crochet hooks. There's nothing like starting a new yarny project for fun.

I have about 5 projects ready to start (materials bought) but I don't think they should be considered unfinished until they are started.
OH..... if we don't count the projects that aren't started, then I am in GREAT shape for UFO's.
I LIKE YOUR LOGIC!
Old 10-09-2014, 08:42 AM

Like everyone else, I have a lot of UFOs, but -- in my defense -- occasionally I go into an orgy of completing things and pick up one after another and complete them. Often I find there is little left to do and I wonder why I put it down in the first place.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:51 AM

A crocheting project can be done anywhere. You are not tied to the house or sewing room.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:00 AM

Oh my, I can so relate to all of you. I always have 4-5 projects started and many, many more that I haven't worked on in ages. Last year I was in a contest and finished more than 60 UFO's. I've been concentrating on finishing current projects instead of hanging them in the closet with the top finished, the back pieced and the binding made, just not quilted. That curtain rod looked like it was going to break soon so I've started on those. I like organizing my sewing room because I find a whole bunch of projects to put on the top of the stack that is already there! At least I'm happy!
Old 10-09-2014, 09:05 AM

"I have sworn that I will not go nuts at the International quilt festival in Houston again this year!"

Barb, I say the same thing every year, but so far, it hasn't worked. <LOL>
Old 10-09-2014, 10:19 AM

There's really a simple answer - and it's a running joke around our house between my DH and me..

The difference ----- Men can only do one thing at a time ... whereas we women are capable of doing- and doing well - many many things at once.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:26 AM

When I think about starting a new project and have other unfinished ones, I get practical and debate with myself if I can afford another project that may not get finished. Will it be money wasted?????
Old 10-09-2014, 10:57 AM
Power Poster

Hope you found your crochet hook, it's probably in a "safe place". LOL. Well, that's where my "lost" items go, into a safe hiding place. I keep trying to get better organized, however, it seems that when I start organizing myself, our apt. or my sewing/crafting are, I find that I can't find anything. You do have a lot of projects, both big and small, however, if you are even close to being like me, I will work on a project, then I need a break from it, so I have other projects lined up, for just that contingency. Right now I'm working on finishing some Christmas wall hangings that I cut out last year, but never finished - having a craft fair looming next month, creates great incentive; however, I seem to only be able to concentrate on projects for short periods of time, then have to take a break. I'm probably ADD, or a quiltaholic, I'm not sure, either way, I'll always have unfinished projects, plans to start new ones, etc., etc. - keeps life interesting.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:17 PM

I guess thats why I stick to small projects.....lap sized. They are easier/take less time to finish so I don't get bored. I have one twin and one double size that I only have the top to, but I don't have a big enough floor space to lay them down to baste. I do have knitting & cross stitch projects that are years in the making though.....