Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Walking Dead

Walking Dead

Is there any Walking Dead fans, in Quilt Land?
    My husband and Son surprised me with tickets to meet the cast... oh my goodness Norman Reedus was so sweet.....
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Mmmmm. Daryl.

I got to see him from a distance at ComicCon last year...

We are WD fans too.

Sounds like fun.

Sweet. :-)

I am so hooked, I now want to go SD ComicCon.

I have never gone to the SD ComicCon but friends have and it attracts a whole lot of fans so be ready for some pretty thick crowds.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Power Poster
    ​We just get the regular channel on our TV so no.

If you go to ComicCon you'll get a kick out of the people who dress up.

At the one we went to there were a bunch of fathers and sons dressed like Rick and Carl.

There was a group that dressed up as "Spaceballs", a couple dressed as Dr Who and Rose and even a girl dressed as Anna from Diwnton Abbey

Family fun!

Sooo jealous

I quilt while watching Walking Dead and Talking Dead. I tend to get distracted and end up forgetting about one or the other though (depending on how good the episode is)

Blog Entries
    Didn't watch the first year. Couldn't get into it. Checked it out the second year......now I am hooked. Lucky you, getting to meet the cast!

OH Wanda Lou, I am soooooo very JEALOUS. Love the show, your family did such a "COOL" thing for you. Have you played a game (NOT WD), on the computer called "DEAD FRONTIER"? It is also cool and a lot like the show. Very happy you had a good time.

I'm hooked. My daughter made me do it. Is it too late in life to learn to shoot a crossbow?? Has Darryl lost some of his muscle mass from the earlier seasons? Seems his arms were much more muscular??
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

Oh my gosh!! My Grandaughter is crazy about Carl and Daryl !! Love that show too! I bet you was excited to attend and meet some of them.
    take plenty of pic of family & friends, keep tabs on loved ones but make time for yourself !

I was not a follower, but my husband, son and daughter would watch as a family ...I was feeling left out so I joined in. now I am as hooked as they are.
    Pam H.

"Those that mind, don't matter and those that matter don't mind" ~ Dr. Seuss

I am a fan, too.

Glad I am not alone... And have you heard... the new show.. Fear the walking dead.

Norman Reedus is handsome and he smells do good... and gives the best hugs.

Love Walking Dead!
    A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

I can't enjoy the show because I keep wondering who mows the lawns, sweeps, prunes and trims. Are there zombie yard crews lurching about?

Blog Entries
    Loved the show from the start, but I get so discourage with all the commericals. And they keep showing the same ones over and over! But I love the show what can I say! Can't wait until next season!!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥`..♥ Donna♥`..♥

Happy Quilting!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenheron View Post
    I can't enjoy the show because I keep wondering who mows the lawns, sweeps, prunes and trims. Are there zombie yard crews lurching about?
    LOL, thank Greenheron, now I will wonder about that!

I am a fan but didn't get hooked until season 3. I watched the premier and the zombie intensity was too much for me. I could feel my heart racing whenever one threatened a character so I quit watching. But then they did one of those back to back marathons and I got sucked in big time. The vested interest in the characters made me put up with heeby jeebies I got from the walkers. Now I look forward to every episode but still freak when a major character gets killed or trapped (like the season ender this past Sunday! YEEGADS I was on the edge of my seat). Darryl is a fave but I also love Michonne. I knew she wouldn't be able to give up that Samurai sword for long. Carol has really developed into a strong character as well hard to believe she is the same woman as the abused mouse she was in season 1!.

I think the every actor in the show are excellent. The show is not about zombies but they are in it. Hard to explain unless you watch it. It is one of a few shows I do keep up with.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Yes, I am a fan too. Have to watch it by myself tho. DH doesn't like it. I just made a blue jean blanket for DH's physio therapist . I backed it with cammo. I told her to turn it over and hide under it when the zombie apocalypse started.
    Last edited by GingerK; 04-02-2015 at 04:46 AM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

I love WD also.....how about Fear the Walking Dead....how did you all like that series? I am in the process of making a black/grey and white rag quilt for my son who is a WD fan and am going to do some of the squares using the WD fabric. Think that will look pretty good in his quilt

Fear the Walking Dead was very different. I kept thinking are there really adults that stupid out there for real not just in a tv show? LOL Only the older man and the rich dude seemed to have any common sense.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.