Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
bargello tute >

bargello tute

bargello tute

Old 04-11-2010, 06:19 AM

Are you going to start a new post and put it in the tutorials section?
I can't follow along this time, but would like to know how to find it again later when I am ready.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:47 PM

Barb, I have a design in mind that I would like to try. I think if I can be taught what to do maybe I can figure it out or try to explain it to you and you can guide me. Is that possible?

Kyia
Old 04-11-2010, 02:01 PM

Will as soon as I get a cord for my digital camera. I'm buing on this week
Old 04-11-2010, 02:08 PM

I have a question. When using your walking foot do you have to do something like lower or higher your feed? My wont hardly feed thru. Thanks for any help
Old 04-11-2010, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by dotlette
I have a question. When using your walking foot do you have to do something like lower or higher your feed? My wont hardly feed thru. Thanks for any help
As far as I know you do not have to do anything special with the feed dogs. Most walking feet have a little arm that sits over the screw that tightens the needle in. That works the mechanism in the walking foot (which has a feeder type mechanism on the top), but works in conjunction with the machines feed dogs. What type of machine do you have?
Old 04-11-2010, 03:53 PM

I am going to start a new thread, but not put it in the turorial section. I want it in the main section so that whoever wants to follow along with the instructions and demonstration on how I make my bargello, can do so. Also they will be able to ask questions and I can answer them right away.

We will do as Cute did on the OBW. I will post about two or three different topic regarding: design and arranging the fabrice to develop the design, Cutting and sewing the strips together into panels, and then the second cut and sewing those into sections, etc.

Originally Posted by b.zang
I can't follow along this time, but would like to know how to find it again later when I am ready.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:02 PM

Kyia, if you want to show me the design you have in mind I will let you know if it is something that I can do. If it isn't either of the patterns of the quilts that I posted, we would have to work on it outside of this tutorial. Hope you understand. I need to concentrate on getting the instructions on and I will also be cutting and sewing a quilt as I go.

Originally Posted by Kyiav10
Barb, I have a design in mind that I would like to try. I think if I can be taught what to do maybe I can figure it out or try to explain it to you and you can guide me. Is that possible?

Kyia
Old 04-11-2010, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Barb_MO
I am going to start a new thread, but not put it in the turorial section. I want it in the main section so that whoever wants to follow along with the instructions and demonstration on how I make my bargello, can do so. Also they will be able to ask questions and I can answer them right away.

We will do as Cute did on the OBW. I will post about two or three different topic regarding: design and arranging the fabrice to develop the design, Cutting and sewing the strips together into panels, and then the second cut and sewing those into sections, etc.

Originally Posted by b.zang
I'm in!
Old 04-11-2010, 05:37 PM

Count me in. I have always wanted to do a bargello and I think the time is now.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:50 PM

Patrice has created a virtual section for the tutorial and follow along.
You will want to go to the Home page and scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the virtual section. find the Barb_MO's Bargello Tutorial and subscribe to it if you want to follow along as we start the journey to Bargello land.