Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where do you head first when... >

Where do you head first when...

Where do you head first when...

Old 05-05-2010, 05:12 AM
Power Poster

I seem to go to Mary Jo's with a theme in mind. LOOking for a special piece. Then it is the batiks, now, and then I have to go row by row, 39,000 ft, so it does take me all day LOL. Since I dont get there too often, I do try to make a list of what I am short of in my stash. right now I need to get there and stock up on some blues.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:15 AM

Left to right look at every bolt there is ---- I skip the sale section and go back to it last.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Marjpf
I tend to start on the left side and work my way around the whole store. Even if I know what I'm looking for and know the layout of the store really well, I still seem to always do it this way.
That's me as well! I have to see the whole store or I am not happy. It's always fabrics first, then maybe notions. Usually by the time I have gone through the shop, I have already spent so much on fabric that I MUST HAVE, it's all I can get. I LOVE FABRIC. I do not have plans for any of it usually but I always get the coordinating fabrics and some almost solids to go with it so that if I live long enough, I might make something out of it. I CAN'T live long enough. Someone on this site mentioned SABLE...STASH ABOVE AND BEYOND LIFE EXPECTATION>>>I have more fabric than some local stores! I have just had my L shaped downstairs resheet-rocked, repainted, remoldinged...how's that for a new word?...and the couch is on order and I am going for flooring today...and sooooooooooooon, it will be the newly decorated loungeroom, playroom, sewing room.ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...new windows...........new lighting. I am in heaven already just knowing I will soon be resorting my fabrics and notions, be setting up the tables...........and will be spending time there with the windows and sliding doors opened to receive the light and fresh air. WOW! Am I blessed or what? I have to find out how to post pix of it so I can let you enjoy it with me. Can I get help with how to post pictures, Please???? Thanks...........
Old 05-05-2010, 06:45 AM

best wishes on your next checkup....I too go every 6 mos, Hope u do well!
Old 05-05-2010, 06:47 AM

Great....sounds like heavenly. Hope someone can show ya how to post pic but meanwhile have fun with new room :D
Old 05-05-2010, 06:56 AM

I go by color. what grabs my eye or what color I want.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by amma
Well, I won't say that I never get distracted.... anything pretty, shiny, or bright that catches my eye will have me heading in that direction!!!! I did forget that I do usually hit the sale aisle second, if I know where it is :wink:
I didn't mention that I usually have to repeat my wanderings atleast twice, as I always miss something the first go round LOL
That's me too!!

Ditter
Old 05-05-2010, 07:35 AM

I head straight for the sale corner! You never know, you may find the perfect fabric on 50% off!
Old 05-05-2010, 07:54 AM

First, I have to check out the new fabric groups & displays (dream & drool) ... then it's on to the new books, patterns, notions and then to the sale corner !
THEN I check my to-get list (hopefully I remembered to bring it !) and actually shop for what I came in for ...
LOL don't we ALL have the same M.O. ?? :) :)
Old 05-05-2010, 08:10 AM

I start with my needed item(s), because I have gotten out too many times without them! :lol: Then I allow myself the luxury of looking...