Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Bonjour from France >

Bonjour from France

Bonjour from France

Old 06-21-2010, 06:14 AM

Thanks everyone.

I'm in the Loire Atlantique, between Nantes and Rennes.

I'm originally from England and even though I've lived here six years I still find every day can be a bit of an adventure, especially with my less than perfect French.

There's only 22 miles between England and France but some days it feels as though I'm on a different planet.

As long as I live I don't think I'll ever get used to going to the loo in a restaurant or supermarket, and having a complete stranger using the urinals next to me as I wash my hands.

This whole French toilet thing is beyond my understanding.

I've been made very welcome in France though and have made some lovely friends.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:48 AM
Dix

Originally Posted by FleurBleue
Thanks everyone.

I'm in the Loire Atlantique, between Nantes and Rennes.

I'm originally from England and even though I've lived here six years I still find every day can be a bit of an adventure, especially with my less than perfect French.

There's only 22 miles between England and France but some days it feels as though I'm on a different planet.

As long as I live I don't think I'll ever get used to going to the loo in a restaurant or supermarket, and having a complete stranger using the urinals next to me as I wash my hands.

This whole French toilet thing is beyond my understanding.

I've been made very welcome in France though and have made some lovely friends.
Welcome from Oklahoma City. We have so much fun on the board. Please try the chat room sometime. That is where you really get to know people. Funny you should mentiont the bathroom experience. We have traveled the world over and I could write a book on Bathrooms I Have Visited. From a tree in Mongolia to the beautiful marble one in Cairo!
Old 06-21-2010, 08:00 PM

Hello Fleur Bleue and the others!
When I immigrated from Quebec, Canada, I first lived in Oklahoma (Muskogee) in 1998 to 2000. I have good memories and bad ones too from OK ...I got married in March 1998 and my husband and I had a very bad car accident at the end of April 1998, I almost died, (I had an antibody experience..) and unfortunately I stay with permanent handicap on my right arm and hand. Sometimes I would like to do better at sewing..Plenty of projects but so much pain in my hand..and my neck. It is nice to know some people are doing so much good work with their sewing..it is very inspiring! Now I live in Manchester New Hampshire and I love the USA!!! I certainely miss my 4 grandchildren still living in Quebec Canada..
I just need to feel more confident about my work...
Helene :)
Old 06-21-2010, 08:28 PM

Hello and welcome from Illinois.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:36 PM

Hello from another one in Washington State. I would love to see photos of where you live. You will love this board. Take advantage of all the great quilters, funny people and generous hearts! I am so thankful I found them.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:49 PM

My husband is born in Illinois, we are going back for vacation in July to see his sister, his children and grandchildren they live in Breeze IL..I love the corn field smell....