Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • My Latest Creation! >
  • My Latest Creation!

• My Latest Creation!

Old 10-31-2010, 08:12 AM
    DJ

Originally Posted by bejay28
    Watch the sizes of EVERYTHING....as nothing is as it seams! Really.....the sizes of all the cuts of fabric are off in the pattern...and the actual fabric that came with the kit....well....were not my cup of tea! That is why I made the quilt with my own different fabrics AND ideas.

Glad you all have enjoyed my creation! Thank you!

Originally Posted by DJ
    I've been eying that quilt kit for some time now. You did a beautiful job! Maybe I should put it on my Christmas list.
    Curious about the directions being off. That could really mess me up. I do like the fabrics they show. If I were to order the kit and needed extra fabric because of bad cuts, would you have spare, since you used different fabrics? Could buy or trade.
    Old 10-31-2010, 08:34 AM

Breathtaking!
    Old 10-31-2010, 09:47 PM

Actually I only used the center panel that came with the kit....I picked out ALL different fabrics! I did not like any of the fabrics that came with the kit.... I ordered them from http://www.virginiaquilter.com

I did use the pattern.....sorta.....it was just the sizes of the sashing borders and blocks were wrong in the pattern directions. So then I just started to re-design it as I went....my own way....but I am not taking credit for the quilt design as a whole.....only my having to figure and re-figure the correct sizes of the sashing borders! Cut, sew, rip out, cut again, sew again....

Then I embroidered my snow flakes and other dooo daddds! The quilt has since found a wonderful home, where it will be loved!

I really hope I did not confuse you....

Originally Posted by DJ
    Originally Posted by bejay28
    Watch the sizes of EVERYTHING....as nothing is as it seams! Really.....the sizes of all the cuts of fabric are off in the pattern...and the actual fabric that came with the kit....well....were not my cup of tea! That is why I made the quilt with my own different fabrics AND ideas.

Glad you all have enjoyed my creation! Thank you!

Originally Posted by DJ
    I've been eying that quilt kit for some time now. You did a beautiful job! Maybe I should put it on my Christmas list.
    Curious about the directions being off. That could really mess me up. I do like the fabrics they show. If I were to order the kit and needed extra fabric because of bad cuts, would you have spare, since you used different fabrics? Could buy or trade.
    Old 10-31-2010, 11:38 PM

it's like looking through the window on a snowy morn. Beautiful, creative work.