Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
OK, so there I was looking for a house..... >

OK, so there I was looking for a house.....

OK, so there I was looking for a house.....

Old 08-23-2010, 06:50 AM
Power Poster

A big congrats! She sounds precious! Did you get it treadling yet?
Old 08-23-2010, 07:39 AM

LOL!!! Thank you. Yes Charlee that's what it's called. The Pitman arm. There were three wooden "sticks" that were with it and I assume that those were used as such but they really don't look like a proper arm. It does treadle and the machine itself is not frozen. But like I said, I need to get up the courage to tear it apart and clean it.
I really should get ahold of Billy but I'm sure he's pretty busy so I'll wait til I'm ready to start working on it to contact him.
One funny thing I found out was that the Singer Co. conciders these machines as almost worthless. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder huh?
:-D
Old 08-23-2010, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Colbaltjars62
OK folks here are pics of my newest sewing machine. As some of you recall it is a 1921 Singer 66 Treadle machine with cabinet that I paid $25.00 for at a garage sale.
Let me know what you think and thanks for looking.
Faith

:XD:
NO NO NO NO!!! That is supposed to be in MY home!!! :lol:

She is a beauty and you got a GREAT deal! Enjoy her! What did you name her?
Old 08-23-2010, 08:10 AM

LOL thank you airlflood.
I haven't named her yet. Waiting for the right time and feeling to move over me. You all will be the first to know though.
Faith :-D
Old 08-23-2010, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Colbaltjars62
LOL thank you airlflood.
I haven't named her yet. Waiting for the right time and feeling to move over me. You all will be the first to know though.
Faith :-D
BTW...it *is* a her...
because only a "her" could be that beautiful! ;)
Old 08-23-2010, 09:24 AM

Congrats on the new machine and fingers are crossed for the new home too.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:25 AM

OH MY GOODNESS. How exciting is that! Makes my writing fingers itch, just thinking on it. That and a potential home as well. What a day. Here is a quick little thing off the top of my head to celebrate your good fortune.

THE HOME
The house closed its eyes so it might better concentrate on the footsteps of the couple now entering its front door. Now it smiled at the excitement rising inside the mind of the female side of the lookers of him...the house. The house liked the people very well, for they were of a warm and loving nature. It knew they would warm its walls and truly make it morph into a home where that love would live.

He hoped they would like the one room that was his very favorite one. It was small but held light. What a nice craft room it would make. Perhaps the lady was a sewer. Having thought this thing, the house visualized the spreading out of colors upon a cutting table, and a flanneled wall upon which patterns would come to life. How they would shine in the light shining fromt the rooms window.

The house opened its eyes now and watched as its rooms were inspected and talked of. Now, had they been a house themselves, they would have felt a slight tipping of the home forward, as it bent its roof in prayer like tribute to the real creator of all things.

He hoped they would buy this place of wood and plaster......and love. LIFE WAS GOOD.

Vickey Stamps
Old 08-23-2010, 09:32 AM

nice find
Old 08-23-2010, 09:40 AM

Wow, I really like that machine! I should, I bought one exactly like it. I did not get as good a deal for it though. Mine was born in 1911, same year as my Grandma was born, so I thought that was pretty cool. Did you get any attachment for yours? The drawer in mine had quite a few cool things. I ordered a belt for it, but have yet to put it on. It does treadle very well. My grandson gave it a good work out when he was visiting last week.

Enjoy your new baby, I am sure enjoying mine and I have not even sewn on her yet.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:19 AM

The design of the decals are beautiful on your new machine. How exciting!---and where is the new house on your priority list?