Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • A great big huge giant thank you!!!! >
  • A great big huge giant thank you!!!!

• A great big huge giant thank you!!!!

Old 09-06-2010, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by kbiederman
    I want to say thank you out there to all the quilters that donate quilts! You are sooooo appreciated, doing something so unexpected to those in need.

My 2 1/2 year old son had RSV when he was 10 weeks old. They told us at the time that he would be expected to have respiatory problems in the future, and more than likely, end up with asthma. He has seemed to get more than his fair share of colds throughout the year, and they always get to his respiatory system. He ends up with really bad coughing, wheezing, and no ammount of using his nebulizer seems to help. Back to the Dr we go, and twice this year now the ER when it has gotten so bad there was nothing we could do to stop/help the coughing. They can never seem to find out what brings in on though, and seem to always just want to treat the symptoms instead of finding the cause. We went to Children's Hospital ER a few weeks ago for bad coughing and wheezing, and when they did an X-ray, they found spots that looking like asthma, and shadowing in the bottom portion that they said looked like pneumonia. They admitted him so that he could be seen by a pulmonoligist (lung Dr). The pulmonoligist ordered a number of different tests, and we finally have some answers as to why this has been happening to our little guy! Since he has been a baby, he has been aspirating a portion of everything that he drinks (and eats of he has food or food particles in his mouth) into his lungs. His lungs have been in a constant state of irritation, being succeptable to infection, and most likely bringing on the asthma attacks. And we now know why he spit up SOOO much as a baby.

As I sat in the hospital with my little guy, not knowing why he was having so hard of a time, and just wishing we were home and he was fine, the nurse left something in the room for him. It was a Project Linus blanket! Tears came to my eyes instantly. Feelings so overwhelmed, not being able to help my baby, and in dire need of some answers, my quilting family came to our rescue, and wrapped us in love and comfort. In fact the next day, another nurse brought another blanket, a quilt this time, while we weren't in the room. When I told her that we had already recieved one she said take it, once it has been in your room they can't give it to anyone else. Wow. So blessed. So to my quilting family, you are so kind and generous, thank you for your love and support, it came at just the right time!! I wasn't really in the state of mind to take any pics of him in the hospital with them, but here they are now, and he is feeling fantastic now too :)

Karen
    I am happy to hear that everything is good now. My 14-year old grandson had RSV when he was 5 weeks old, and we almost lost him. He is strong and healthy now and no serious after effects. He does tend to get bronchitis easier then most and when he was little had to use a nebulizer when he got a cold, but just hang in there, as he gets older he will be fine.
    Old 09-06-2010, 05:19 AM

I, too, have tears in my eyes. Tears of joy when I saw the quilts and his smile. What a gift you have given us, to see the quilts that we have made and donated bringing happiness to a family in distress. Thank you for your story and photos. You have given back to us. Prays and hugs for you all.
    Old 09-06-2010, 05:22 AM

I would join in the prayers and hugs to you and yours. His smile lights up a room and I know also warms your heart. God bless.
    Old 09-06-2010, 05:40 AM

Your story brought tears to my eyes. I will pray for you and your beautiful son.
    Old 09-06-2010, 05:50 AM

What a precious little boy. His smile just melts your heart! The generosity of not only the blanket, but of love and hope is so wonderful. I pray for continued good health and happiness for your beautiful little boy.
    Old 09-06-2010, 05:55 AM

Oh, what a cute picture! I have 6 Linus quilts waiting to be quilted, guess I better get that machine tuned up and going. I'm glad they finally know what the problem is, and now can work on the cause of the problems.
    Old 09-06-2010, 05:57 AM

So glad to hear that you have found some answers, and he get better soon. He is a cutie.
    Old 09-06-2010, 06:22 AM

A precious little boy. Now I know why I only make childdren's quilts.
    Old 09-06-2010, 09:24 AM

What a beautiful child! I'm so glad you have some answers now!
    Old 09-06-2010, 09:37 AM

Hope he feels all better now,what a cutie :-D