Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Quilt Studio "under" the rafters. >

My Quilt Studio "under" the rafters.

My Quilt Studio "under" the rafters.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:55 AM

I could live in that room! Love it!
Old 09-22-2010, 01:01 PM

For your designer board go to vanishingdesignboard.com and look at that, You can put it above the window while you design and then just roll it up when finished. I am getting one because I don't like seeing it out all the time.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:45 PM

What a lovely area!
Old 09-22-2010, 10:58 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by brighmet
Such a great space. I would probably be in alot of trouble with that room. With the kitchen in there I would never have to leave that room!!!! Is there a lock on the door!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hehehehe It has no bathroom. Iasked DH how hard it would be to add a bathroom. I do have a bed in there behind the couch. Often I just don't even make it to the bed. I just sleeep on the couch. My friends love it and are very familiar with the mini frig.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:14 PM

My mind instantly sees your window behind the TV as a design wall. Many ways to make that but the cheapest.... get the largest flannel backed tablecloth, with a color u love, sew ribbon in the top corners so u can roll it up and tie it closed when not in use. I have a small tiny space and thats what im making for over my paintings on the wall. I found the tablecloth at the dollar store. I do like the ping pong table idea alot too!! So many great ideas!
Old 09-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by brighmet
Such a great space. I would probably be in alot of trouble with that room. With the kitchen in there I would never have to leave that room!!!! Is there a lock on the door!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, there is a serious lock but the lock is a keypad and you need a code to get into the room. This lock is to keep people from going into the room. I hoped to stem the flow of little munkins, aka my kids, that mess with my sewing machine and stuff. Have still 10 to 11 kids that are regulary living at the house and the two youngest just turned 5. There is no lock to lock yourself in though. So when I am in there they all tend to come visit mama, talk, watch t.v. and snack. LOL It is cozy though.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:33 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful room, looks like you could live up there. Good for DH and lucky you, Enjoy!!!
Old 09-24-2010, 03:31 AM

SWEET SEWING ROOM!
Old 09-24-2010, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Some pictures of my some what still new to me Quilt studio. We moved from a mobile home to a new house 1 1/2 years ago and I got the awesome bonus room for a studio. My husband made it a special place for me. Many of the items have their own story. Like one of the sewing boxes is from my mother, an old bible from my grand parents and the couch from a dear friend. They all passed away but their items have a special place up there with me. One of the things I strugle with are lack of display wall and that the storage is all under the roof part behind the little doors. As my body begins to get older I am strugling with laying the quilt out on the floor and bending or crawling into the storage areas. I welcome any creative suggestions.
I love your space. I can see where the slanted walls could be a problem. Go on http://www.allpeoplequilt.com I think it was that I saw a room one of the designers has that is very similar to yours and she has quilts hanging on those sloped walls. The rolled storage units are a good idea for your wall storage. Good luck with your room. You need a nice large table to work on.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:21 AM

Where is the bed? Looks like you could live there 24/7
It's very beautiful and I know you enjoy it.