Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
JoAnn-Hancock Black Friday shopping!! >

JoAnn-Hancock Black Friday shopping!!

JoAnn-Hancock Black Friday shopping!!

Old 11-27-2010, 05:21 PM

well, in Hawaii we don't have a Joanns store so i tried to shop online but the website was down. What a bummer! I tried several times and they kept coming back with "they are working at it". By the time the site went back out, the item i wanted was sold out. Oh well, so much for black friday shopping.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:35 PM

How fun, and what a savings. I also like fleece for a tied quilt, been recycling demin pants into quilts with fleece backing, so darn cute. Glad you got such a deal.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:37 PM

My son lives in Hawaii and just last week I asked him about a JoAnn's, he naturally didn't know. His better half was checking for me, well now I know none. I was more curious abt the material in Hawaii verses here. Sry the site was down on you. Have a nice day.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:16 PM

indeed the best Black Friday shopping story I've heard yet! You go girl!
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 11-27-2010, 06:33 PM

Waited until after noon to go to JA. Just wanted to buy fannel. Got number right away picked the fannel that we wanted. They were calling in the low F's when we got there. Our number was H-28 my wife and I dicided that if we where going to wait that long get all you want at $1.29 per yd. We left 3 hours later with 157 yards, good day.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Power Poster

I learned a long time ago that if I left my cart, unscrupulous shoppers would "shop" from my cart!
I am surprised your stuff was untouched while you were gone!
I, myself would never, ever do that to anyone else, but since my girls worked retail for several years, I've heard all kinds of stories.
Glad it all worked out for you.
I can't physically hold up to the sales either! I shopped online and got backings for 4.98 a yard. I'm a happy quilter! :XD:
Old 11-27-2010, 07:09 PM

I went Friday afternoon but was told the 20% off was only until 1PM. Dang. So I got a sewing machine travel cart for 29.99 which was a markdown anyway Then I went back Sat. morning before noon and got 20% off some plastic storage containers and a new small sewing basket. There were people everywhere and had to wait to check out about 15 minutes. Probably won't go back until after the new year now as it is time to sew.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:13 PM

I bought the flannel for 1.29 and the warm and natural came to 4.40 a yard ...wow!
Old 11-27-2010, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
What a great shopping day you had! I love fleece for backings and tied quilts. My cousin was first in the door at the Joann's in her town to buy her MIL a Go. She was told the one Go they had to sell was already sold. She said to who? I'm the first one here for it! No other customers there even asked about it, she got everyone's attention and asked who here bought the Go this morning. No one did. She was livid. I don't think she will be satisfied with the it's already sold pitch.
Sounds to me like they didn't really have one in the store, just used that as a gimmic to get people to come in to shop. I think I would really be livid too, and would probably write a letter to corporate office and complain. Could be one of the store employees purchased it before the doors opened or they saved it for a friend, or sold it early. I would be furious, and I do think that corporate management needs to know.This to me is false advertisement!!!
Old 11-27-2010, 07:53 PM

I walked into Joann's today, saw the lines, walked right back out and went home and sewed some pinwheels! had a great day!