Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Black Friday" shopping

Blog Entries

"Black Friday" shopping

Love it or hate it? Me, I'll avoid the 2 major shopping malls here in town like the plague!

Same here. I'd prefer a sharp stick in the eye.

I gave up going out in Black Friday a long time ago, as I get older I get anxious in large crowds. We do a relaxing day with our daughter and her family, having finger foods and decorate our Christmas tree.
    Juliebelle

No way.

I went once that was enough for me.

I'll pay the couple dollars difference..

I don't like the crowds and the drivers on the roads.
    Have a nice day and a safe one too!

I don't want or need anything badly enough to contend with that. If it is your thing I hope you enjoy!!
    Alyce

Stay home and make fudge.

ro
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    to me its not worth it. but there certainly are some bargains out there if you're willing to get pushed and shoved. i'll wait and purchase it what I need like a human being.

No way am I going. DD and I will go to our LQS first thing Friday morning and then go home and quilt for the rest of the weekend.

I might do some shopping online, but not in the stores.

I do all my shopping on line it is like Christmas everyday when a package arrives!

The only place I go is A&E Pharmacy in Pensacola, it's our LQS. Black Friday deal this year is fabrics 2013 and older are 55% off. 2014's are 45% off. It has exclusions that are typical, basics, batiks, collegiate, ect. But at those prices, I can pick up some neutral prints for quilt backs. Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Manalto View Post
    Same here. I'd prefer a sharp stick in the eye.
    Same here........as I said before George Strait could be there carrying me from store to store and I wouldn't go.
    I would just lure him into my sewing room and leave him there instead.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Most of my family live in northern Indiana. I go to my local grocery store down here and get VISA gift cards. They can hit the malls anytime they want with the cards. I don't worry about something that doesn't fit. It seems to fit in their wallets just fine.

My DDs and I use to go and had a great time, ending with a big breakfast at our favorite place. Lots of great memories of fun morning out with my girls. We never encountered the violence seen on tv at some stores now.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I used to love it but not anymore! Trying to get rid of stuff not acquire more....except fabric that is.
    I just want to spend the rest of my life laughing.

Blog Entries
    Use to love it, would get in middle of crowd-have long arms and could out reach most of them. Not anymore just shop online--love free shipping so get for kids and grans that way.

We stay home and put up the Christmas tree. My DH used to go out, he likes being in crowds (he went to Disneyland on the 4th of July. I know I should have him tested.) but now he prefers to get the tree up early. We started doing the tree on the day after because it was one day the entire family could get together and put the tree up. Now it is just the 2 of us and we are still doing it - for me to get it over with, for him to get the house decorated. He would leave Christmas up all year long if I let him. :-D

I went once--There was something that I wanted at a good price. Stood in line forever, and that item was on sale every day for the entire holiday season. My son went to Best Buy for a tv on Black Friday a few years ago (people were camped for hours, some all night). He walked in that afternoon, got the tv and was out of the store in about 10 minutes. He didn't even have to stand in line to pay for it. lol Learned my lesson. No shopping on Black Friday.
    Sue

I am going with one of my daughters to GStreet Fabrics for their big sale and then meet another daughter and grandson to pick the new Christmas Village piece. That's enough for me, a new piece of fabric and memories with a couple of my daughters and grandson. Then a nap ;-)

With the on line shopping now, most stores will give you the same IN Store price.
    Deb Watkins - I woke up today on the right side of dirt. It is a good day.

Not for me!!
    Pat

Greed and mania by people who don't really care to understand why we (Christains) celebrate the holiday. We ordered our new TV online and set it up Wednesday. Merry Christmas to us!

Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Buying electronics online certainly evokes the spirit.

I went Thursday eve My DD has to work Friday so the earlier hours work for us. She is on a budget so BF is a blessing for her. WM let people go thru checkout early to avoid the big backup. We were out of there before 5 then on to Penny's and no big lines there either. We would not attempt 2 others as the lines to checking are normally better than an hour. Good deals and back home by 7. Life is good😋

In my younger years, I ENJOYED standing in line at Best Buy but not anymore. Seems that only electronics and toys are the big sales.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast