Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "Black Friday" shopping

Guess I'm the odd woman, it doesn't bother me, it's the traffic & parking that bugs me!
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

I have never been shopping on Black Friday & I don't plan on it now. Too much of a crowd for me. I'll do my shopping online

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Manalto View Post
    Same here. I'd prefer a sharp stick in the eye.
    I will steal this one --sounds faster than being dragged down a gravel road by a galloping horse. I hate to shop any day let alone on BF

My mom and sister and I used to go very early do loads of shopping by 11:00am or so and then head back home to have day after T-day turkey sandwiches but now all that is a memory, except for the turkey sandwiches! Now it's my day to decorate the house for Christmas. Way more fun and my wallet feels so much better!
    Gaye

There is nothing that I need anymore that warrants the BF crowds but I did go to the fabric stores today for flannel because it is really affordable today at the chain stores. The interesting thing is that the stores weren't crowded and the folks in them were saying that they haven't seen huge crowds anywhere today.... the nasty shopping was last night (Thanksgiving Thursday). I got in and out of the stores really quickly and got my excellent prices on flannel to make pillowcases to wrap presents in. Bring on the sewing time!

I used to go, but not anymore. Did my Black Friday shopping this morning while drinking my coffee and in my PJs. Finished almost all my Christmas shopping! Just a couple of things I want to pick up in stores, but not today.

I am not a fan of shopping at any time, but Black Friday? No way, no way, no way. I like to do mine online.

I used to go out, but now I'm enjoying starting the Bonnie Hunter mystery, also spending time with family~~
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Went out this morning.
    i enjoy it because it is an outing with my daughter. Have gone for years with her and a good friend. Lots of shoppers. Never experienced any mean, aggressive behavior like you hear about. But it has changed. Stores open on Thanksgiving. Not for me. And no deal is worth it to me to go before 5 AM. Not sure what I will do next year. Will wait and see what moves me.....

in the land of fruits, nuts, flakes & quakes!
    I don't do the Black Friday shopping outside the comfort of my home. Did some online however! I did run to the hardware store to get a bolt. That doesn't count tho!
    ~melrose~
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much fabric.

I went to a chain store around 8:30 last night to see if they had an item that my son and future DIL wanted for their Godson. No lines and I was also able to pick up an item that I ordered online a day earlier. Today I went around 2:30 p.m. and no lines. I like that kind of shopping. I did some online shopping also.

Like Jeanne S, I am trying to get rid of stuff. I did order Accuquilt dies so I can cut more of my scraps.

I also bought 60 colorful 2 foot square cushioned mats to use in my sewing area after I tear out the yucky carpet. Here's a chuckle: At checkout, my person was a teenager and he said I would guess you are using these for a daycare. I smiled and told him they were going into my sewing area. His reply was precious: My grandmother has those in hers too. It's easier to see pins when they fall. Lol!

Connie

I do my best to avoid all stores from 6 PM on Thursday until 8 AM on Monday, however, in my younger days I was out there shopping till I dropped. LOL
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

For the past 10 years or so, we have gone to Shipshewanna, IN. Even though they are having their big horse auction, it is still a peaceful day. My husband is so patient as I shop for fabric!! My Christmas shopping is done on line when ever possible.

Only went to Jo Anns, never again. Took 2 hours to get fabric cut.

I did it once some time ago and that was enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Manalto View Post
    Buying electronics online certainly evokes the spirit.
    It does! Shopping Online is an electronic catalog. Nothing new...catalog shopping has been around forever. I used to love flipping through the Sears Christmas Wish List catalog as a child. I wonder if that is even produced anymore?

Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Power Poster
    I never go out on black Friday...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2