Where ya from?

Old 12-05-2010, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by RugosaB
I'm from Ohio, a drive's woth distance from The Doormouse (a quilt shop)
I used google earth once to see my house. I did, and realized the dogs have worn a path in the yard that can be seen by google earth!
Speaking of google earth, I had this great idea, but its greatness was not shared by my sailor son, out in San Diego. I told him he should take some duct tape and on the top of his car, use it to spell "HI MOM" Noone would see it in the Navy parking lot except me
awesome idea!
Old 12-05-2010, 08:26 AM

I was born and raised in Germany and now live in SW Oklahoma. The only thing I miss, even after all those years are huge pine trees and lots of snow:)
Old 12-05-2010, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
I am FROM Milton, WV, have lived in CA for over half a life time but when someone says "home", then my mind goes back to lovely, green West Virginia.
Where is Milton? I am from Tunnelton, WV in Preston County
Old 12-05-2010, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by rahaube
Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
I am FROM Milton, WV, have lived in CA for over half a life time but when someone says "home", then my mind goes back to lovely, green West Virginia.
Where is Milton? I am from Tunnelton, WV in Preston County
WVa is a beautiful state.
My mil was raised in a coal mining family in Shrewsbury, it's near Logan county and they were a part of the history there. In fact, their last name was Shrewsbury
When we were coming back from my son's 'graduation' from nuke school, we stopped in Fayetteville, near the New River Gorge bridge. We have a plan to go back to that area on Bridge Day. It's a day they close down the highway, and people jump off a perfectly good bridge!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-138726.jpe  
Old 12-05-2010, 05:07 PM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

WVa is a beautiful state.
My mil was raised in a coal mining family in Shrewsbury, it's near Logan county and they were a part of the history there. In fact, their last name was Shrewsbury
When we were coming back from my son's 'graduation' from nuke school, we stopped in Fayetteville, near the New River Gorge bridge. We have a plan to go back to that area on Bridge Day. It's a day they close down the highway, and people jump off a perfectly good bridge![/quote]

What a beautiful picture...you are fortunate to have such ready "views"...suburban Chicago does have great forest preserve areas, but nothing like this picture.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:13 PM

Well, I will jump in here and tell you my story. When people ask me I tell them this is a loaded question. I was born in Ft Worth Texas, but was raised in Spain since the age of 2. Went to college in CA, married and my husband and I went to PA for his Masters. He joined the Army and we have been moving ever since. We call Texas our home since we have lived there the most in his army career and my family is there. We are currently living in New Jersey till this summer and then we will move again. We do not know where yet, but I am glad that you guys will be with me where ever I go.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:20 PM
kbs

On this board I will get to know people from all over. I was born and raised in a small town nw of Bangor Maine. Married an airman from Dow AFB and moved to Michigan. We retired to Kentucky. I think of Michigan as my home because we have a lot of family there. The Great Lakes are wonderful but don't beat out the coast of Maine. The sounds and smells are so much nicer there. Wish I could take a trip back, it has been years.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:23 PM

I moved too. I live a half mile down the road from where I grew up. My kids were the 3rd generation that graduated from this school.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:34 PM

I was born in The Dalles, Oregon. I have been an Oregon girl all my life, except the 3 years we spent in Tacoma WA while my husband went to school. I now live in Bend, Oregon. You can't get much better than Central Oregon.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:42 PM

Born in Northwestern Iowa, lived in Southern Michigan for years and have lived in Northwestern Lower Michigan for many years.

cinnya, we have the green hills and big pines that you miss. I am one block from the edge of the Manistee Nat'l Forest. White hills now.