Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pull up your socks, girls. Does not apply to fellas. >

Pull up your socks, girls. Does not apply to fellas.

Pull up your socks, girls. Does not apply to fellas.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:50 PM

Yup, I follow Flylady's suggestions as much as possible.
But as for the lace up shoes/boots, that is a must for me because of a previously broken ankle. The rest follows..some of the time.

But sweat shirt, jeans, boots are really comfy for me. Good for raking leaves today, must remember to put on makeup or someone will mistake me for Gravel Gertie's Grandma.

Those old enough to remember Gravel Gertie should sit down and rest from the effort of remembering. (She was a friend of Dick Tracy)
Old 12-07-2010, 12:53 PM

Please try to remember Phyllis Diller's housekeeping tip..
If the dust is thick enough for your kids to write in, make sure they don't put the date with it.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:57 PM

rofl..If I looked all that good..Hubby'd never let me sew in peace...
Old 12-07-2010, 12:59 PM

I do have memories of my aunts searching madly for the mate to their thigh high single hose, those babies came in PAIRS of legs, panty hose has freed us from that nightmare. When did they become popular, in the 1960s perhaps?
One of my Aunts claimed she only got the same color of hose, no matter how many, so she could always find a match.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:32 PM

Amen!! I don't own any makeup. That is money I could spend on fabric!! If unexpected guests don't like the way I look, don't come.
Originally Posted by deema
If I needed to worry about my husband coming home to me not "neatly put together", he wouldn't be my husband. Thanks to maternity leave, I only get out of my pj's when I have to leave the house...and sometimes, not even then! I shower every night after the kids are in bed...and put on clean PJ's! I wear make up when I know somebody will be taking pictures. If someone stops by my house unexpectedly, they can just deal with whatever disorder and or unkempt-ness of myself or my home...or, imagine this - CALL first...or...Stay away!! LOL
Old 12-08-2010, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by just-sew-together
DANG............ I failed in all areas... Thank God, no one can see me now! BTW... what is LIPSTICK??? I'm certain it must be something that would interfere with all the pins in my mouth. :( can't have that.
Did they have Lipstick in 1900? Drop by my house when I am sewing and you will find me barefoot and in only a T-shirt. Following those instructions would only waste valuable sewing time. Lipstick would take up thead space and we all know sewing space is priceless real estate.

I just thought of something -- On Wednesdays I play cards from 1 - 4 at the Senior Citizens Center. One woman applies lipstick three or four times during that period. I have always found lipstick to be a total waste of time.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by raedar63
I refuse to wear a bra while sewing or in my home for that matter , glad I didn't grow up in 1900's.
Are you kidding me?? Running a boob through with a needle or pin doesn't sound like fun! I guess I could tie them in a knot to keep 'em outta the way!! LOL!
Old 12-08-2010, 03:25 AM
tmg

I fell at this one. I don't do any of it. Sew barefooted, no makeup, and in my loose fitting clothes. So I don't pass.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:59 AM
bkb

Don't those rules apply only if you are working on a treadle?
Old 12-08-2010, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
Most days Im rushing around at the last minute before dh gets home to get out of my jammies and comb my hair. spray some pledge in the air, pour bleach in the sink to make it smell like I did something besides sew.
You forgot to mention cooking (browning) onions to make him think you've been in the kitchen all day!! :lol: :lol: