Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Scrappy Bargello >

Scrappy Bargello

Scrappy Bargello

Old 01-05-2011, 04:34 PM

Love the scrappy look. Maybe I could do one of these.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:37 PM

Great color choices. It doesn't look mindless.

Love the idea of audio books while you sew. I'm headed for the library
Old 01-05-2011, 04:59 PM

Hi BJ, because I have not done a bargello yet but was hoping to in a few months, I looked at yours very closely.
I thought the colors should continue from one strip to another going across. In yours the blue on the left, near the top, looks like it should join to the blue on the far right. Am I wrong, did you sew your strips together wrong, or is this the way the scrapy goes together. I hate to ask this because I never made one yet. I am in the learning process with some of the new patterns. I have always used the old fashioned patterns. Looking forward to your answer.
Thanks, and please do not yell at me too loud.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:07 PM

I love that pattern and I have made it with a braided border----braided borders are somewhat tedius to put together, but they are STUNNING!
Old 01-05-2011, 05:10 PM

I have done MANY of Bonnie's style bargello's, and yes, they are easy.. I am doing one of her scrappy trip around the world pattern right now, though they look like diamonds as they are done in blocks.. easy, too.. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work..
Old 01-05-2011, 06:22 PM

Beautiful job. I love it.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by ragamuffin
Hi BJ, because I have not done a bargello yet but was hoping to in a few months, I looked at yours very closely.
I thought the colors should continue from one strip to another going across. In yours the blue on the left, near the top, looks like it should join to the blue on the far right. Am I wrong, did you sew your strips together wrong, or is this the way the scrapy goes together. I hate to ask this because I never made one yet. I am in the learning process with some of the new patterns. I have always used the old fashioned patterns. Looking forward to your answer.
Thanks, and please do not yell at me too loud.
If you go to the www.quiltville.com site and scroll down the right side you'll see the scrappy bargello. Click on that and then scroll down to the pictures sent in by others. The first one has pictures of one that matches all the way across.

Hope it goes well for you. I really enjoyed the website. It almost makes me want to do a bargello ... someday!
Old 01-05-2011, 07:27 PM

I love scrappy, and I love bargello......Beautiful!!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2011, 07:40 PM

IBQLTN, thank you for correcting me. I went to Quiltville and had a look. I, for some reason, just saw this new bargello within the last year and thought all lines should be alike but in different widths when you cut the strips of patches. Boy, am I wrong. I guess that is how we learn. I did make a Mystery Quilt of Bonnie's and am downloading the "Roll,Roll, Cotton Boil" which I may make on Superbowl Day unless she comes up with another one.

SmockingRN, it is a beautiful quilt and I am learning from you and others. I saw the pattern "Ribbon in Motion" bargello and that is the one I plan to make. So if I make a mistake on it, I can laugh at myself and turn it into a scrapy. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:14 PM

very pretty!