Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I must be daft.... >

I must be daft....

I must be daft....

Old 01-06-2011, 02:35 PM

I strip the bed down to the mattress and can even do a King size on the bed, takes a bit of moving and practice but have done all mine on a queen size bed... and the backing seems to hug the mattress and likewise the batting and top... Try it you may like it.... have been quilting since 1986 and have always done it that way.... No floor space and now can't get down on my knees..
Old 01-06-2011, 02:48 PM

We have a few banks here in town that have Community Rooms available to use. You have to call and tell them when you need it, but they are nice and large and well lit. The one I've used did not charge to use the room.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Power Poster

LOL, you are resoursceful!
Old 01-06-2011, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
First off, in order to sandwich my quilt I have thumb tacked the backing fabric to the wall and will pin the batting and top to that. I lack the nessicary floor or tabletop space to sandwich a quilt of this size. When I got the backing on the wall I noticed it was wrinkled. I had ironed it the other nigt and it got wrinkled just sitting folded up in my room for the last couple days (at least it wasn't as bad as it was before I ironed it the first time). Refused to take the backing off the wall.......so here I am literally ironing the wall to get the wrinkles out of my backing fabric. I'm hoping no one walks in because I probably look like I'm not the brightest crayon in the box right now. lol.
I would love to see a photo of that whole situation - Be careful
LOL
Old 01-06-2011, 04:28 PM
PEP

Jade, Whatever surg. you r going to have, my thoughts & prayers will be with you. I understand the anxiety "the wait" can stir up. Usually worse than the surg. but then you're knocked out for the surg.! Please post how you r doing when you get home as soon as you feel up to it to let us know how our 'genius' is doing! Patty
Old 01-06-2011, 04:39 PM
PEP

Never thought of that, duh! Thanks for the info! Patty
Old 01-06-2011, 04:40 PM

Sounds like something I would do. :roll:
Old 01-06-2011, 04:41 PM

Aren't quilter such resourceful people??
Old 01-06-2011, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
all you had to do was spritz it with water and let it hang til dry, the moisture swell the threads and they in turn lose their wrinkles!
Eh, I'm too impatient. Should of had this quilt done before Christmas. Was hoping to get it done before tomorrow, but that sure isn't happening.
I once blew out a candle on my bedside table and splattered wax all over the wall. So i took a brown paper bag and I held it over the splatters and ironed it to get the wax off the walls which works really well. What didn't work so well was my coordination...I managed to bring the edge of the iron right over to the arm that was holding the paper up and burn it pretty badly. I will have that scar the rest of my life. So please be careful!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 04:48 PM

you have to watch Sue Scharman video on basting. It is the best way to sandwich when you don't have lots of room. ( uses 2 boards that help keep every thing tight and out of the way. I think it has changed my life. It is in the free section on her website. Rita