Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
JoAnn's refund >

JoAnn's refund

JoAnn's refund

Old 01-29-2011, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
The last thing they need in the middle of a buy out is bad press!

Who is buing them?
For buy out info: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...672264644.html
Old 01-30-2011, 07:09 AM

Hope you get your money back SOON. Makes me think twice about what I'm buying at JoAnn's. They are building a new much larger store in our Crossroads Mall in Waterloo. I understand we will get classes and updated services in this new larger store. I know they were sold but this new building still has the name JoAnn's. The new and old JoAnn's are much closer to my home than Hancock's but I do drive to Hancocks occ. as they have neat fabric and they are responsible for this crazy addicting hobby of mine called quilting. They advertised a block of the month club and they got me hooked as I never quilted before. My grandmothers did but I never was around when they quilted. Illsa
Old 01-30-2011, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by catrancher
If you paid with a credit card you can still dispute the charge until JoAnn coughs up the check
That's what I would do. Call my credit card company and have them remove the amount as a disputed charge. The card issuer would then contact Joann's for you and the matter would be resolved between them.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:15 AM

Even though your JoAnn's is being sympathetic to you, it ultimately is their responsibility (IMHO) to help you get this resolved. Clark Howard (consumer expert who started on radio in Atlanta) says one good way to get their attention is to go into the store when there are lots of folks in there and ask about your problem, not in an unkind voice, but in one loud enough for folks to hear. They don't want people knowing their customer service is that bad.

Also, does your local TV station have a helpline where the reporters check into your problem?
Old 01-30-2011, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for the heads up. If I were you I would call them daily and leave a professional message on their answering machine. Persistants seems to win out over giving up. Hope you get the refund soon.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:29 AM

Call the JoAnn's store you got it at and ask for store manger get her name and ask her what the store policy is on returns don't tell why and see what she tells you and if she tells you different take receipt back to the store and ask for and tell her you just spoke to her on the phone and would like your money back.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:45 PM

I certainly do not want to discourage anyone from shopping JoAnn's. When their fabric is on sale, they have wonderful prices...anywhere from $1.50 to $2.50 per yard. At those times, I buy the whole bolts for my stash.

Even though they owe me money, I still go almost everyday. I am a JoAnn's addict. Instead of AA I need to go to JoAnn's Anonymous...Hello, my name is Vicki and I am a fabricholic.

I wonder if there is anything like Fabric Rehab?
Old 01-30-2011, 04:23 PM

Watch out for your refund, I've gotten a few in the mail that looked like junk mail or post cards and would have tossed it, except I took a second look.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:43 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by pugmom
I certainly do not want to discourage anyone from shopping JoAnn's. When their fabric is on sale, they have wonderful prices...anywhere from $1.50 to $2.50 per yard. At those times, I buy the whole bolts for my stash.

Even though they owe me money, I still go almost everyday. I am a JoAnn's addict. Instead of AA I need to go to JoAnn's Anonymous...Hello, my name is Vicki and I am a fabricholic.

I wonder if there is anything like Fabric Rehab?
:shock: I am with you sister. Wish I was able to go into the store and just get the one item I needed. But then I realize that there is always something else that I need. Just takeing a quick look doesn't always work for me. Sorry about the return. I have returned items to our JoAnn's and didn't have a problem, of course they were small price items. Does anyone know if the store will remain a FABRIC store after the buyout? This is the only store in our area that carries fabric at a decent price. I can't afford to pay $8-$12 a yard for fabic. Hope you get your answer soon. Good Luck.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:41 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ljgraham
Watch out for your refund, I've gotten a few in the mail that looked like junk mail or post cards and would have tossed it, except I took a second look.
i never thought of that! as soon as i read this suggestion, though, i remembered that something similar happened to me.

it's not uncommon, now, for big stores to issue gift cards instead of checks or cash refunds. so, she's right. double-check your junk mail.