Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
CLOSED    June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st >

CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

Old 06-11-2011, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by catpawski
I have exciting news..................I sent my SP squishy out today.................it only has 1000 miles to travel south west of me................and just to give another hint...........she likes pink.............................................. .......
ok, this one could be me...I'm SW and like pink :)
Old 06-11-2011, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21
Originally Posted by catpawski
I have exciting news..................I sent my SP squishy out today.................it only has 1000 miles to travel south west of me................and just to give another hint...........she likes pink.............................................. .......
ok, this one could be me...I'm SW and like pink :)
Def. not me! :) Nothing against pink I'm just firmly in the east.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by LoriEl
Originally Posted by Qwiltylady
All the babies my sister had were natural deliveries. The last on October 29th was 2 weeks early. I delivered him while my sister was visiting me. By the time I figured out she was in real labor the baby was coming so I did what any sister would do...I delivered my nephew then I call for an ambulance. My daughter gave birth to her only child on her birthday exactly 20 years after she was born.

My other sister was born December 18th and it was no fun for her. She never got a real birthday present mom would just say go pick one of your presents from under the tree and you can open it early. Never had a cake or anything. As I got old enough to realize it bothered her I started buying her a big peppermint stick for her birthday. She is crazy about peppermint! I started with a 6oz stick. The last one I bought her before she got married was 3 pounds! She loved it. Now everytime I see a peppermint stick I still think of her. Last year I sent her a 5 pound one as a gag nd she loved it and made such a fuss I didn't have the heart to tell her it was a joke.
How horrible of mom and so sweet of you! If you want, PM your address, or hers and I will mail her a card. I am sure other members can also if you ask so this Dec 18th can be extra special for your sister!
I too would love to mail her a card..Birthday's are always special..
Old 06-12-2011, 07:28 AM
Banned

my pal rec'd her box and just PMed me about it..yeah...come on JULY.....
Old 06-12-2011, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Janetlmt
I woke up this morning to a wonderful surprise at my doorstep this morning. My secret pal package from Mary (lawsonmugs) has arrived! I had a bad friday and this certainly did cheer me up.
Mary sent 2 handmade pincushions. One was a dress makers form with a tiny tape measure draped over the neck, pins and a floral corsage..at the bottom "life's a stitch" was written. The other one was a sewing machine with great detail..it has a tiny tomato pincushion with tiny pins in it, a spool of thread, a thimble and a threaded needle..with a tiny tape measure and scissors. It is so adorable.
My mother enjoyed the package as much as I did.
She also included a crockpot hot pad. Which is perching at this moment on my crockpot of soup. She also made a pretty manicure pouch with tools inside. It is made with a purple/pink batik fabric. She also sent some pretty fall fabric. I have tons of fabric, but no fall fabrics. There is a package of fall leaf buttons. I have ideas circling in my head for a project using them.
Yesterday I was going through my bobbin box and the thread was tangled and everywhere...not any more. She include a package of ponytail elastics to hold the thread in place
She sent a cute notebook with gerbera daisies on it..that is hiding in a side pocket of my purse...granddaughter Chloe is always rooting through my purse. Hopefully she won't find it!
To top the package off she sent my favorite York peppermint patties..and a nice homemade card. I love homemade things...
Thank you so much Mary..I love all of the items in the package. You certainly made it special.
I can't wait for hubby to get home to show him. Then I can spring it on him that I need that shelf put up. The shelf is very old, it came out of my bedroom at my childhood home. I think I need to do a little eye batting. LOL.
Peace and Blessings, and tons of hugs
Thank you so much!
lol those pincushions are adorable. I wish I could come up with ideas like that. :D

Also, my SP package will be going out on Monday...only other hint I can give is...it is going straight East of me to a c-c-c-cold winter state that is having snowpack flooding right now. :)
Old 06-12-2011, 09:17 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by reeskylr
Originally Posted by Janetlmt
I woke up this morning to a wonderful surprise at my doorstep this morning. My secret pal package from Mary (lawsonmugs) has arrived! I had a bad friday and this certainly did cheer me up.
Mary sent 2 handmade pincushions. One was a dress makers form with a tiny tape measure draped over the neck, pins and a floral corsage..at the bottom "life's a stitch" was written. The other one was a sewing machine with great detail..it has a tiny tomato pincushion with tiny pins in it, a spool of thread, a thimble and a threaded needle..with a tiny tape measure and scissors. It is so adorable.
My mother enjoyed the package as much as I did.
She also included a crockpot hot pad. Which is perching at this moment on my crockpot of soup. She also made a pretty manicure pouch with tools inside. It is made with a purple/pink batik fabric. She also sent some pretty fall fabric. I have tons of fabric, but no fall fabrics. There is a package of fall leaf buttons. I have ideas circling in my head for a project using them.
Yesterday I was going through my bobbin box and the thread was tangled and everywhere...not any more. She include a package of ponytail elastics to hold the thread in place
She sent a cute notebook with gerbera daisies on it..that is hiding in a side pocket of my purse...granddaughter Chloe is always rooting through my purse. Hopefully she won't find it!
To top the package off she sent my favorite York peppermint patties..and a nice homemade card. I love homemade things...
Thank you so much Mary..I love all of the items in the package. You certainly made it special.
I can't wait for hubby to get home to show him. Then I can spring it on him that I need that shelf put up. The shelf is very old, it came out of my bedroom at my childhood home. I think I need to do a little eye batting. LOL.
Peace and Blessings, and tons of hugs
Thank you so much!
lol those pincushions are adorable. I wish I could come up with ideas like that. :D

Also, my SP package will be going out on Monday...only other hint I can give is...it is going straight East of me to a c-c-c-cold winter state that is having snowpack flooding right now. :)
Thanks everyone for the compliments on the pin cushions.The dressmaker one came from the internet.The sewing machine I just made up.I only made a couple of them and this is the second one I have given away. I didn't know if it looked good enough to give someone.When you make up things it's hard to know how they will be liked. Mary
Old 06-12-2011, 09:37 AM
Swap Hosts

That sewing machine is amazing! You are one talented lady.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:45 AM

Just want my SP to know that if they sent my package and it shows delivered, I do not go to the P.O. very often, just on my way to town, which will be Wednesday.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:13 PM

ladies i just want to encourage you to be patient. june is a big vacation month so your SP could be out of town. i will be in orlando fl all all this coming week so if my sp package arrives this week, i will not be able to acknowlege it until next week when i pick up my mail. so whomever my sp is, know that i will get back to you once i return home and get my mail if my package should arrive while i am away from home.

on another note, there are some great packages being sent. lawsonmugs aka mary (from missouri) those are some awesome pincushions; treasures to have. i love them.

to my june sp, y

Originally Posted by Juli
I seem to be having the same problem. Mine got her package days ago. I have heard nothing from her. There is nothing written next to her name yet.
Originally Posted by Krystyna
Gee, I'm having awful luck with my buddies opening their mail when it arrives!

Bullet Arrival at Post Office, June 11, 2011, 7:07 am, BRIGHAM CITY, UT 84302
Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, June 10, 2011, 11:49 pm, SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84199
Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, June 09, 2011, 10:18 pm, BETHPAGE, NY 11714
Bullet Electronic Shipping Info Received, June 09, 2011
Old 06-12-2011, 12:13 PM

ladies i just want to encourage you to be patient. june is a big vacation month so your SP could be out of town. i will be in orlando fl this coming week so if my sp package arrives this week, i will not be able to acknowlege it until next week when i pick up my mail. so whomever my sp is, know that i will get back to you once i return home and get my mail if my package should arrive while i am away from home.

on another note, there are some great packages being sent. lawsonmugs aka mary (from missouri) those are some awesome pincushions; treasures to have. i love them.

to my june sp, your package will be mailed tomorrow on my way to the airport. i hope you enjoy everything. i couldnt take a pic because i have lost my camera. so if you post one i will get to enjoy everything all over again and if you don't just hearing that you did enjoy all will be enough for me.

Originally Posted by Juli
I seem to be having the same problem. Mine got her package days ago. I have heard nothing from her. There is nothing written next to her name yet.
Originally Posted by Krystyna
Gee, I'm having awful luck with my buddies opening their mail when it arrives!

Bullet Arrival at Post Office, June 11, 2011, 7:07 am, BRIGHAM CITY, UT 84302
Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, June 10, 2011, 11:49 pm, SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84199
Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, June 09, 2011, 10:18 pm, BETHPAGE, NY 11714
Bullet Electronic Shipping Info Received, June 09, 2011