Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
CLOSED    June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st >

CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

Old 06-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Havplenty
ladies i just want to encourage you to be patient. june is a big vacation month so your SP could be out of town. i will be in orlando fl this coming week so if my sp package arrives this week, i will not be able to acknowlege it until next week when i pick up my mail. so whomever my sp is, know that i will get back to you once i return home and get my mail if my package should arrive while i am away from home.

on another note, there are some great packages being sent. lawsonmugs aka mary (from missouri) those are some awesome pincushions; treasures to have. i love them.

to my june sp, your package will be mailed tomorrow on my way to the airport. i hope you enjoy everything. i couldnt take a pic because i have lost my camera. so if you post one i will get to enjoy everything all over again and if you don't just hearing that you did enjoy all will be enough for me.

Originally Posted by Juli
I seem to be having the same problem. Mine got her package days ago. I have heard nothing from her. There is nothing written next to her name yet.
Originally Posted by Krystyna
Gee, I'm having awful luck with my buddies opening their mail when it arrives!

Bullet Arrival at Post Office, June 11, 2011, 7:07 am, BRIGHAM CITY, UT 84302
Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, June 10, 2011, 11:49 pm, SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84199
Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, June 09, 2011, 10:18 pm, BETHPAGE, NY 11714
Bullet Electronic Shipping Info Received, June 09, 2011
Thanks,I had fun making them. Mary
Old 06-12-2011, 12:32 PM

my best friend's daughter and husband's birthday are both on dec. 26th. they have celebrated their daughter's birthday for all of her 18 years. i guess it's a family decision and sometimes it is probably based on family economics.

i have a brother whose birthday is Nov 25th which sometimes falls on thanksgiving. the family always made a point to have cake & ice cream for his birthday. he's 40+ with 3 three kids & a wife now and she still takes care to celebrate his birthday when it falls on the holiday.

i am sure as a child it seems so unfair and it's hard to understand. but once you are an adult, i am a big believer that you should start your own traditions.

one of my nephews is so stymied by the fact that his birthday wasnt a big to do while he was growing up but his mother had a large family and i am sure it was because of finances. he gets so upset when you talk to him about his birthday so i asked him what has he done to celebrate his birthday since he left home and didnt he know that he can do whatever he wants now. he is puzzled by that thought. so this year for his birthday (jul 12) i am taking him zip lining over the meramec caverns as a surprise. hopefully this will be the beginning of a tradition for him.

Originally Posted by katvert
Does anyone in here have a December birthday? My sister just found out she's pregnant and is due the 9th.
I am Dec 26.... growing up it was no fun.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:41 PM

I have a SIL who's birthday is Dec. 26th and she never had a birthday party until she married my brother and she now has a party with cake on every birthday. My youngest grandson's birthday is the 29th of Dec. And it is celebrated the same way all my grandchildren treat their birthdays. It's a big deal in our family.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:39 PM

When you about to go into hospital tomorrow for a week it would be nice to know that your package is at least there!

Originally Posted by Havplenty
ladies i just want to encourage you to be patient. june is a big vacation month so your SP could be out of town. i will be in orlando fl this coming week so if my sp package arrives this week, i will not be able to acknowlege it until next week when i pick up my mail. so whomever my sp is, know that i will get back to you once i return home and get my mail if my package should arrive while i am away from home.

on another note, there are some great packages being sent. lawsonmugs aka mary (from missouri) those are some awesome pincushions; treasures to have. i love them.

to my june sp, your package will be mailed tomorrow on my way to the airport. i hope you enjoy everything. i couldnt take a pic because i have lost my camera. so if you post one i will get to enjoy everything all over again and if you don't just hearing that you did enjoy all will be enough for me.

I seem to be having the same problem. Mine got her package days ago. I have heard nothing from her. There is nothing written next to her name yet.
Originally Posted by Krystyna
Gee, I'm having awful luck with my buddies opening their mail when it arrives!

Bullet Arrival at Post Office, June 11, 2011, 7:07 am, BRIGHAM CITY, UT 84302
Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, June 10, 2011, 11:49 pm, SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84199
Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, June 09, 2011, 10:18 pm, BETHPAGE, NY 11714
Bullet Electronic Shipping Info Received, June 09, 2011
Old 06-12-2011, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Originally Posted by reeskylr
Originally Posted by Janetlmt
I woke up this morning to a wonderful surprise at my doorstep this morning. My secret pal package from Mary (lawsonmugs) has arrived! I had a bad friday and this certainly did cheer me up.
Mary sent 2 handmade pincushions. One was a dress makers form with a tiny tape measure draped over the neck, pins and a floral corsage..at the bottom "life's a stitch" was written. The other one was a sewing machine with great detail..it has a tiny tomato pincushion with tiny pins in it, a spool of thread, a thimble and a threaded needle..with a tiny tape measure and scissors. It is so adorable.
My mother enjoyed the package as much as I did.
She also included a crockpot hot pad. Which is perching at this moment on my crockpot of soup. She also made a pretty manicure pouch with tools inside. It is made with a purple/pink batik fabric. She also sent some pretty fall fabric. I have tons of fabric, but no fall fabrics. There is a package of fall leaf buttons. I have ideas circling in my head for a project using them.
Yesterday I was going through my bobbin box and the thread was tangled and everywhere...not any more. She include a package of ponytail elastics to hold the thread in place
She sent a cute notebook with gerbera daisies on it..that is hiding in a side pocket of my purse...granddaughter Chloe is always rooting through my purse. Hopefully she won't find it!
To top the package off she sent my favorite York peppermint patties..and a nice homemade card. I love homemade things...
Thank you so much Mary..I love all of the items in the package. You certainly made it special.
I can't wait for hubby to get home to show him. Then I can spring it on him that I need that shelf put up. The shelf is very old, it came out of my bedroom at my childhood home. I think I need to do a little eye batting. LOL.
Peace and Blessings, and tons of hugs
Thank you so much!
lol those pincushions are adorable. I wish I could come up with ideas like that. :D

Also, my SP package will be going out on Monday...only other hint I can give is...it is going straight East of me to a c-c-c-cold winter state that is having snowpack flooding right now. :)
Thanks everyone for the compliments on the pin cushions.The dressmaker one came from the internet.The sewing machine I just made up.I only made a couple of them and this is the second one I have given away. I didn't know if it looked good enough to give someone.When you make up things it's hard to know how they will be liked. Mary
You did a great job recreating a sewing machine. I love it!
Old 06-12-2011, 04:33 PM

My son's birthday is Dec. 23..we came home on Christmas day. There is so much going on at Christmas..we always make sure he has his special day..on the 23rd. He is 31 now and looks forward to his favorite ice cream cake and always a nice gift. I have never combined his birthday with Christmas either.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:59 PM

I have twin daughters that were born on December 20. I came home on Christmas Eve but they had to stay a few weeks because they were a little early. We always tried to have a party for them on their birthday or a little before. I have to say that I did cheat a little on presents. Sometimes I would grab a Christmas present and wrap it in birthday paper.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:00 PM

My birthday is Feb. 20. I share my birthday with my father-in-law. Needless to say if my DH EVER forgets my birthday he's really going to be in trouble!! LOL

I feel bad for my SIL. Her birthday, her daughter's birthday, her newborn sons birthday, and mother's day are all within two weeks of each other. Balancing all those days and making everyone feel special would be very difficult.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:23 PM

I received my package! My neighbors actually got it (I wasn't home at delivery time!) and they just gave it to me today!

It's from Airwick - thank you so so much!! I'll take pictures of everything in the sunlight!
Old 06-12-2011, 05:53 PM

Talking about Birthdays,
I married my husband on my birthday June 1 ,
I always tell people that we did that so he would have only one day to remember, (And I always get 2 cards and 2 gifts)
I also had our son on My birthday And now his girlfriend has the same birthday . June is full of celebrations