Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-17-2010, 08:49 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by AngieS
Oh, I missed it! Would love to do it next month. I will have to keep watch for it! :-) Good luck to you all. I need to lose some weight, my jeans are getting snug and boy would I love to fit back into those pants hanging in my closet. When DH and I first met I was either in a 1 or a 3 I can't remember. Well, 5 kids later I am in a 10! Still not bad but I'd like to be in at least a 7. I'm like 5'3"-5'4" so I wouldn't mind losing some. ;-)
A 10!!! I can only dream of being a 10!!
Girl I am just messing with you!!
Old 11-17-2010, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
I have to talk this through or I will go nuts.

I feel like I am drowning in fabric and dall stuff. For nearly 6 months Ihave been doing nothing but sewing. I want it done. I want it finished. I want it put away and back to one project at a time instead of a list.

I did this to myself. I bought patterns and fabric and dolls because I want to do the projects. I feel paanicky when I see something really neat on ebay What if it isn't there the next time, or when I am ready, or whatever. If I starated making dresses for my granddaughters today, and didn't purchase any more patterns or fabric, they could each wear dresses until they were 10.

On my back burner since I made the turtle quilt, I have had a box full of fabric and patterns to make similar quilts for my grandchildren for Christmas. I really want to do these quilts, but stacked on top of the box are at least 6 other promised things.

A friend came to my house last week and asked to see some of the things I have made and I realized that all the finished projects had been given away. I had 3 quilts back from the quilter to let her look at, All these need are labels and then I could send them on, but they too have been sitting around, in the way.

Yesterday I was having a really good time working on a special doll that I started before Randy died. I'd been at it about 6 hours when I burst into tears crying that I just can't get 'it all' done. I so want to put the fabrics back in their boxes so I can find them again. One or 2 projects on the table I can handle, but now I can't find where one project ends and another begins.

None of this is anyone's fault except mine, so don't any of you start to feel guilty. I've been here before, but it never gets solved. I need help.

I also need my medication. I've been out of my anti-depressant medicines for almost 3 weeks and only had a few hours sleep in forever. I called the VA office, but the soonest I can seen the doctor is next Friday and then it will take 2 weeks for any medication prescribed to actually get here. I just realized that next Friday is a holiday. Oh well, I probably wouldn't be able to get there anyway. No one to drive or car to drive in. Kids are spending this Thanksgiving with the in-law families and I've heard rumors of a shopping trip to SAlt Lake City.

I think I will spend an hour putting stuff I'm not using away and take the trash out of my room. Then I'll work on my fun project from yesterday until Billy is ready to take me to get my nails, hair and pedicure done. I can also pick up some bits and pieces to finish projects tomorrow. Tomorrow night I will package up what ever I have finished so he can mail it Thursday.

Right now, I'm going to go sew those silly labels on and listen to the news. Thanks for listening. Coming of these drugs is hard. Perhaps there is something besides pills that will help ease the depression. I've heard that electric shock therapy is great for long term depression suffers.

Later, Gwyn
Hugs Gwyn! My DM has had depression for many years. I hate it!! I know that it has robbed her of a normal life. I remember when I was a kid my mom would play with us outside.....she would play football, play board games just anything....then all of that quit! I remember that when I wanted to talk to my mom I had to go into her bedroom to talk to her......she stayed in the bed all the time. I was robbed from my mothers attention as a kid. My mom still has it....I just turned 35....... I'm so sorry that you are going through this. Please PM anytime. For that matter anyone can PM me just to talk. I hate for anyone to go through this. HUGE HUGS!!
Old 11-17-2010, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Oh, I missed it! Would love to do it next month. I will have to keep watch for it! :-) Good luck to you all. I need to lose some weight, my jeans are getting snug and boy would I love to fit back into those pants hanging in my closet. When DH and I first met I was either in a 1 or a 3 I can't remember. Well, 5 kids later I am in a 10! Still not bad but I'd like to be in at least a 7. I'm like 5'3"-5'4" so I wouldn't mind losing some. ;-)
I am with you Carrie...I have not been a size 10 since I was born! LOL

Missy
Old 11-17-2010, 09:32 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
I am with you Carrie...I have not been a size 10 since I was born! LOL

Missy
I don't think I can get a 10 on my thigh!! LOL!
Old 11-17-2010, 09:33 AM

My Mom and I use to fight over being able to wear these jeans that we had they were a 14 in lil girls....now niether of us could get our calf in there! :lol:
Old 11-17-2010, 09:39 AM
Power Poster

My Mom and I use to fight over being able to wear these jeans that we had they were a 14 in lil girls....now niether of us could get our calf in there! :lol:
I'm glad to see that you don't think we are picking on you.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:42 AM
Power Poster

I tried to take a new pic of me for my avatar but I look older now. My skin is sagging and you can see the wrinkles. Yuck!!!
Old 11-17-2010, 09:45 AM

I tried to take a new pic of me for my avatar but I look older now. My skin is sagging and you can see the wrinkles. Yuck!!!
Gosh I feel the same way. I hate the way I look in pictures. I am hoping that as the weight keeps coming off that I will like pics of me better.

Missy
Old 11-17-2010, 09:51 AM

I'm glad to see that you don't think we are picking on you.
No, you are fine. My Dad use to pick on me as a kid though. I really did think I was fat but I was so skinny it was kind of a reverse thing, but I hated it. He would call my crisco....lil fat in the can! I for a long time really thought he thought I was fat. Now that I'm much older I know he was playing but I won't do that with my kids though. We are what we are, Just want us to be healthy no matter what size we become.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:04 AM
Power Poster

My Dad used to pick on me but I was fat. He would tell me to stop eating so much then in the same sentence tell me to eat everything on my plate. When I was a teenager I started telling him to go look in a mirror before he calls anyone fat. Now he doesn't tell me anything about my weight or I strike back with a vengence.