Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-18-2010, 06:06 AM

I need those chin & neck exercises too! I definitely have too much chin going on.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:09 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I need to find a pic to show just how bad my chin and neck was. I think of all the fat on my body I hated the double chin the most.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I took a chance and stood on the scale last night and had a 1lb. gain but I have been bloated for a couple of days so I think it is just water retention. I can't wait for my sister and BIL to come down Thursday, they are gonna be surprised, they haven't seen me since I dropped the weight. My extremely large double chin is almost gone, I can't believe it. That thing has plagued me all my life. I have been doing chin and neck exercises and it's working, Yay!!! I think I am hitting that platue again where I don't lose any weight but my body makes changes in it's size. It seems to happen every couple of months. How's everyone else doing today??
Share your exercises for the chin and neck. Since losing weight my really sags. I have been trying exercises I saw online, but they don't seem to be working.

If anyone has them for saggy arms. please let us know those also!
Old 11-18-2010, 06:30 AM

Cjmomma how much have you lost? It sounds like you are doing great! I'm excited for you!! :-)
Old 11-18-2010, 06:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by AngieS
Cjmomma how much have you lost? It sounds like you are doing great! I'm excited for you!! :-)
I have only lost 31lbs. but it has made a hug difference in my body shape. I'm wearing clothing that was way too small for me 2 yrs. ago.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Are we not the funnest group ever!!!! Nobody will ever call us boring.
You are soo right!!

I love being a part of this funny farm. Here I am just racing through life. I am afraid if I slow down I will suffocate myself! LMBO!

Missy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-128847.jpe  
Old 11-18-2010, 07:02 AM
Power Poster

Carol all I do is tighten my neck and chin muscles by clinching (I don't think that is the right word) anyway I do it about 50 times a day. I need to be doing it with my butt and stomach muscles too, LOL!! I would also like to know if anyone knows how to get rid of the excess flab on the upper arms too. Mine is so saggy I could use the flab to fly if I had too. Then there is the flap that hangs down from the 3 C-Sections I had, if only I could get rid of that without plastic surgery.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:46 AM

The upper arm will get leaner through isometric exercise. Put a couple of soup cans next to your living room chair. Use them as weights and lift them over your head, out to the side. There are exercises on the internet that you can do too. Then remember, some of us are just going to have some saggy upper arms because of our genes. My mother is only 104 pounds but her arms are floppy. I'm fat, but my arms aren't.

C-section flaps I don't understand. I had 2 c-sections, but I don't have any flaps. Of course, my scar goes vertically instead of horizontal. That might make a difference. If you have strong muscles underneath your tummy, I suggest using a tummy control panti to help with the excess.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:52 AM
Banned

Cindy if it is water weight for a few days drink water with lemon squeezed in it. That is a diaretic(SP) but doesn't make you poo only makes you pee the extra water.

I WANT TO SEE PIC!!!!!!!!!!!! I lost about 30 so it will give me and idea of what the difference is on me. The last pictures of me were from 7 years ago.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by lauriejo
Are we not the funnest group ever!!!! Nobody will ever call us boring.
You are soo right!!

I love being a part of this funny farm. Here I am just racing through life. I am afraid if I slow down I will suffocate myself! LMBO!

Missy
Missy ...........Joyce lost the TV remote (NOT KIDDING) could you check between those boobs to see if it is there?