Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-18-2010, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by Gwyn
The upper arm will get leaner through isometric exercise. Put a couple of soup cans next to your living room chair. Use them as weights and lift them over your head, out to the side. There are exercises on the internet that you can do too. Then remember, some of us are just going to have some saggy upper arms because of our genes. My mother is only 104 pounds but her arms are floppy. I'm fat, but my arms aren't.

C-section flaps I don't understand. I had 2 c-sections, but I don't have any flaps. Of course, my scar goes vertically instead of horizontal. That might make a difference. If you have strong muscles underneath your tummy, I suggest using a tummy control panti to help with the excess.
I also have a hanging belly. It is a huge source of embarrassment for me. My surgeon told me that after I lose the weight that I need to lose that I will have to have surgery to remove all that extra skin. That scares me and also saddens me because I feel like I did it to myself. Mike used to tell me all the time where he saw me getting smaller. But now that he turned into a psycho I do not hear that anymore. *sigh*

Missy
I never had a C-section and mind hangs too. It is strange it like goes in a little on both side and hangs over. It is on the side the the center. I read once it is called an apron.

Take a pic Missy and we will tell you you are getting smaller you do need that weiner Mike to tell you.
You are right Tru. I do not need Mike. My doc says that it is an apron in regular talk but in medical terms it is a pannus. I want my PANNUS gone!! :)

Missy
Old 11-18-2010, 09:10 AM

I have had 4 C-Sections and I have what I refer to as a ledge! I am just hoping that my ledge doesn't cave real bad! I need to start drinking more water!!
Old 11-18-2010, 09:11 AM

Yes, Missy, we should all keep going, no matter what and I intedn to do just that. My GD is getting married in July so I have to get it off.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by dgrindey
Yes, Missy, we should all keep going, no matter what and I intedn to do just that. My GD is getting married in July so I have to get it off.
Me too!! I do not have a wedding to go to but I do want to get this weight off...I am going back to logging my food intake. Plus drinking more water is my goal.

Missy
Old 11-18-2010, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by AngieS
I have had 4 C-Sections and I have what I refer to as a ledge! I am just hoping that my ledge doesn't cave real bad! I need to start drinking more water!!
My caved long ago...ugh...if I were to hate something about my body it would be the apron/pannus/hanging belly.

Missy
Old 11-18-2010, 09:24 AM

i'm trying any way, so i'm in. and of course this is anonymous so everyone doesn't know who's 'soft'. right? :lol:

now i will read the thread......]

i guess i'll jump in the lst of dec. okay? .....
Old 11-18-2010, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by sewNso
i'm trying any way, so i'm in. and of course this is anonymous so everyone doesn't know who's 'soft'. right? :lol:

now i will read the thread......]

i guess i'll jump in the lst of dec. okay? .....
Sounds great to me!

Missy
Old 11-18-2010, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by dgrindey
Me too!! I do not have a wedding to go to but I do want to get this weight off...I am going back to logging my food intake. Plus drinking more water is my goal.

Missy
That's what I do, too. It helps.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Originally Posted by AngieS
Cjmomma how much have you lost? It sounds like you are doing great! I'm excited for you!! :-)
I have only lost 31lbs. but it has made a hug difference in my body shape. I'm wearing clothing that was way too small for me 2 yrs. ago.
ONLY 31 lbs????? That's not an only, that is wonderful!
Old 11-18-2010, 10:31 AM

Hey what about that shake weight thingy that advertises to reduce the flab in your upper arms? Anybody know anything about that? I'm sure its just a gimmick but you never know
anybody tried one.

Lisa